Please Clearify [building vs claiming in the frontier]

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Trav77, Jun 1, 2021.

1. Hello, Just trying to get the right answer. All answers so far has be different. Is there a difference between just building in the frontier and "claiming land?" I would like to build in the frontier just a little bit closer to a hub. I see lots of people have done this already, not 5k away from the hub. The place I would like to build, I don't see any structures, so was wondering if I can just build there? Smp2 I place a chest with my name so you can see where I am talking about. Please clearify this building and claim thing please. I thank you for your time, Rav.
    607 and liamwill like this.
  2. you can build within 5,000 blocks of spawn, you just cannot get the very claim you are attempting to establish, unless it is further out, away from other player's claims/ spawn areas.
    607, Rav77, liamwill and 2 others like this.
  3. I think I should elaborate a bit: There are two different rules at play here:

If a build of yours is more than 5K blocks away from any main (teleportable) outpost, and more than 3K blocks away from any other build by any other player who has not specifically given you permission, you can claim an outpost.
    If you have an outpost, the land is yours. Other people are still able to place blocks there, yes, but you can ask staff to remove a build if it is too close to something you build, for example. This is now your land with your ownership, envorcable by staff. Outposts can have members, leaders, and everything. Even if a member builds something, and the leader dislikes it becuase it is in the wrong build style, staff will listen to the leader and take it down.

Next to outposts, there is also block protection. This just means that any block placed with /buildmode cannot be broken by any other player. Aditionally, any block placed by any other player is "legally" protected by staff. If someone griefs your build, even if it is not in /buildmode, staff will help you with it.
    This, however, does not protect the build itself. If someone wants to build a giant dragon that is about to eat your house, they are allowed to do that, since they are not breaking your blocks.
    Blockprotection is everywhere, even right next to the spawns. I made a few cute houses directly next to the frontier spawns on multiple SMPs. I am allowed to do that, just like anyone else is allowed to add a giant dragon that is about to eat one of them (Please do, it sounds rad as hell.) :p
  4. https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/established-outposts/

If you build closer to an outpost, your blocks are protected, but you can't claim an area as your own. That's how all those builds are there. Others can build beside or inside your "area". As long as they aren't griefing, it's allowed. If you have an outpost, no one can build inside it without your permission.
    607, Rav77 and liamwill like this.
  5. Thank you all very much for replying and answering! and yes Dragons would be AWESOME!
    607 and Egeau like this.