Planning a "Lets Play" for this Summer

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Crazy1800, Mar 17, 2013.

?

Do You Watch Let's Plays / Think this is a good idea?

I watch them, and this is a good idea. 19 vote(s) 76.0%
I don't watch them, but this is a good idea. 5 vote(s) 20.0%
I do watch them, but this is a bad idea. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I don't watch them, and I think this is a bad idea. I'm just a boring person. 1 vote(s) 4.0%
  1. I think this is a great idea!

So I guess we apply? lol
    - Activity throughout the summer. Depends when. July I'm free.
    - Minecraft knowledge / common sense Been on MC since 1.6 :D
    - Maturity I feel the same way you do. I'm mature.
    - Interesting person Oh boy I can talk. :p and let other people talk. xP
    - Somewhat good Microphone My computer mic isn't to bad.
    - Skype Check
    - Organization I keep my stuff in folders?? (I don't understand what you mean :p) I can follow directions.:D
    - EMC's Allowed Mods Like which ones? I stay normal for most of the time.
    Crazy1800 likes this.
  2. Just an FYI I use Fraps and Sony Vegas Pro 12, I started with Camtasia and loved it but when I rendered stuff it always was laggy.

Also I'm really good a redstone (I once built a redstone TV with unlimited tv channels)

Also I can record if you choose me so It just won't be from your view.
    Activity throughout the summer. I'll be availble 12am-12am everyday in the summer.
    - Minecraft knowledge / common sense. I have a lot! I've been playing since Beta
    - Maturity. Mature, most of the times.
    - Interesting person. I am now called Lord Jean
    - Somewhat good Microphone. Blue Snowball (Better than most if not all non professional mics)
    - Skype (I don't have this one yet haha) I might just use Mumble though. Depends on what's the more effective option. Jeanzl2000
    - Possibly the ability to host a server. Yup
    - Organization. Ehhh, kinda.
    Crazy1800 likes this.
  3. When I say organization, I mean stuff like building locations, storage, farms, etc. I'm probably going to set up a very large storage room marking everything we need, and I don't want people just dumping their crap in any chest (Unless it's separated) so that finding what we need isn't a hassle. With buildings, if you just build anywhere, it looks cluttered, and for me personally if it's not neat it's not as fun. Same thing with farms. It should fit together well, you know?

The mods you can use are the ones EMC allows and probably a few more depending on what they do. I don't want like Xray because then it's not really "survival." If it helps you with day to day tasks (Like minimap) but doesn't make the actual THING easier, then sure. Like "What mobs spawn where I am" stuff. If it gives you an "unfair advantage" then that's not good
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. I would encourage everyone to record if possible. I will include links to your youtube pages/videos in the description so if you build something, like a redstone TV, other players can see how you did it. It's way better then watching me go on a mining trip and me coming back and bam there's like a freaking iron farm haha
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. - Activity throughout the summer. Probably low... yeah...
    - Minecraft knowledge / common sense How do you craft a pickaxe?
    - Maturity Whatever level you don't want.
    - Interesting person Boring person.
    - Somewhat good Microphone Microphone is not somewhat good.
    - Skype (I don't have this one yet haha) I might just use Mumble though. Depends on what's the more effective option. No skype.
    - Organization Everything goes in any chest no matter what.
    - EMC's Allowed Mods I use xray and zombe mods with smartmoving and nodus.

Clearly you don't want me for this. I'll let you pick someone else.
  6. I would love that it would be like Episodes in between episodes with the person's own style!

This is just an Idea but maybe we could take Heyaroo's map and have it be the multiplayer map and so there would be 2 different lets plays in 1 map.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. This is actually the proper time to use
    "rolflmao"
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. Sounds Awesome

- Activity throughout the summer: I will be on a ton, some vacations during summer, only 1-2 weeks at a time.
    - Minecraft knowledge / common sense: I'm smart with MC, I am good with redstone.
    - Maturity: I can be as mature as a monk. Even rhymes!
    - Interesting person: Let's chat sometime, you can see for yourself
    - Somewhat good Microphone: Built in speak on MacBook Pro, will be buying a gaming headset soon.
    - Skype (I don't have this one yet haha) I might just use Mumble though. Depends on what's the more effective option.: Got Skype, could make a mumble
    - Organization: I label ALL my chests, make sure rooms are in nice hallways, I love it, makes things easy to use and find.
    - EMC's Allowed Mods: I have Rei's Minimap.
    Equinox_Boss and Crazy1800 like this.
  9. You will be active.
    You'll figure it out.
    You are very mature /sarcasm
    Cynical isn't the same as boring.
    Microphone is beautiful.
    You have a Skype.
    Any chest labeled with the corresponding item(s)
    You'll learn how to play without them.

Clearly I want you for this. I'll make you participate.
  10. I'll think about it. The seed that DeMott's is set to is actually pretty awesome. I'll take a quick picture of the spawning area so you can see it. It's got several biomes right that meet each other really close together. If we did them on the same map, we'd have to be careful not to watch each others too much though. If I stumbled on a spawner then she knows it's there and it kinda ruins the surprise and vice versa. Not to mention if she visits/participates she'd want a different experience
  11. Right here you have plains, extreme hills, desert, and taiga meeting each other. On the left side, through the desert a little ways is a jungle biome

Attached Files:

12. Nothing else will be posted about the world. I want ya'll to see it as you play.

(That isn't the exact spawn spot)
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. Hm…I like this idea. :)
    Might as well apply.
    - Activity throughout the summer: I'm currently not busy. If plans change, I'll let you know.
    - Minecraft knowledge / common sense: Terrible with redstone…
    - Maturity: Reasonable
    - Interesting person: Indeed I am.
    - Somewhat good Microphone: Eh…debatable. Sometimes it's good, sometimes it sounds like there's a buzz saw in the room. (Rarely trouble with it, just occasionally)
    - Skype (I don't have this one yet haha) I might just use Mumble though. Depends on what's the more effective option.: Got Skype, setting up Mumble sometime.
    - Organization: Most of the time organized.
    - EMC's Allowed Mods: Never took time to learn how to download mods.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. Hah... I'm probably not the right co-host then. I dump things in a chest and just use InvTweaks to save the day.
    Did you see Episode 2 of Girl vs Wild I made a messy birch wood shack LOL

Oh do you choose the world map before you start recording? I didn't really pay attention to that part when I started the series.

I actually do like the idea of doing the same map that would be way more interesting than me being all alone in Singleplayer. It would be interesting for us to bump into eachother during gameplays coincidently. I would make an effort to not watch the other gameplays so then I won't know anything ahead of time.
    That would be cool! It kinda sounds like how the Yogscast does Tekkit. They all have their own series but its on the same map and server.

And if I am going to do this series with Crazy, I would finish Girl vs Wild first then start a new world or whatever world you would want. And also I would allow you to use my server :)
  15. Yeah I saw the shack haha. It did the job though! And lovely story about the spider. Did you know that the average person eats 8 spiders in their sleep a year? But yeah, you were rushed with the shack. I'm sure you would have done better in better circumstances

Well DeMott chose a random seed for our server and I just gave it a quick once-over. I don't want to start a LP in a boring place. Not because it's harder, but just because it can be really boring. I don't do anything other then that though.

When Jeanz suggested that, I thought he meant like we use the same map, but not server. Same server would be nice, but if you finished up first then I doubt you'd want to be in the same place, and if we weren't in the same place then the server itself doesn't really matter. I don't know if this seed we have is final, but it's pretty nice and I see it as great gameplay.

I will be adding a new part to the front (I already added something near the bottom) and basically I would strongly recommend you have a method of recording. Multiple perspectives appeals to a wider audience, not to mention it could mingle past, present, and future fanbases. I don't have any followers or even a youtube account yet (Gotta pick a name :p) but if you like the views and comments and what not it's always nice to get another person out there.

*YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO RECORD*

It's just strongly suggested :p
  16. I've heard that before, but how in the world was this experiment executed? What the experimenters should have said was "Why are there eight or more spiders in every test subject's room after we clean them?!" And if you assume there are no spiders in the room then the logical conclusion is that the average person has 8 spiders on their body when they go to sleep! I have to call BS on this one, for the sake of me not being constantly terrified of spiders.
    Edit: If you have proof, I'm not sure I want to see it.
  17. Yes hopefully I'll improve my base next episode xD
    And spiders.. ehasdfghj, I hope now that I sleep with my mouth close that I dont eat any spiders in my sleep..

Ah I see, I'm not sure of having the same map then.
    And I was wondering, for the let's play channel are you going to do more than a survival series and do other adventure maps as well with the same people you are co-hosting with?
  18. I think so, but it depends on how well this goes. I've looked at a couple of Veks/Vechs (One of those two) maps that he's made and they seem like a lot of fun. I've also thought of branching out of Minecraft as well and doing other games when I get the chance. Maybe some Xbox stuff. Depends on some feedback though :p

19. I take that back. I googled it and the first result said "The average person swallows 8 spiders per year while sleeping"

Then I actually read it and it was disproving it. I should probably read before I post :p
    supereskimo likes this.
  20. Thank you :) I can sleep again now. Also, do you already have a YouTube channel set up that you plan to use?