Planning a "Lets Play" for this Summer

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Crazy1800, Mar 17, 2013.

?

Do You Watch Let's Plays / Think this is a good idea?

I watch them, and this is a good idea. 19 vote(s) 76.0%
I don't watch them, but this is a good idea. 5 vote(s) 20.0%
I do watch them, but this is a bad idea. 0 vote(s) 0.0%
I don't watch them, and I think this is a bad idea. I'm just a boring person. 1 vote(s) 4.0%
  1. Oh ok, not too bad though...
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  2. No they aren't contrary to popular belief. Crazy1080 - is a moderator and Crazy1800's brother.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  3. Snapz Pro X and iMovie, it's for the Mac
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  4. Is Snapz for the Mac only as well?

Like DeMott and Tomatoman said, he's my brother. I just lacked originality when it came to naming this account.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  5. Yes it is a mac only software. If you configure Fraps right it shouldn't cause to much lag, depending on what computer you have.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  6. Or you could use DXtory
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  7. I have an HP Pavilion g series. It'll work itself out though :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  8. I already explained this to you... the last time you tried to record something, you were using Camtasia. It will lag your computer since it is compressing and recording simultaneously. Fraps isn't an issue.
    Jeanzl2000, Equinox_Boss and heyaroo like this.
  9. lol i use fraps and sony vegas :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  10. This sounds like something I could do. I've wanted to do an on-going Let's Play for a while, but after two episodes of single player superflat LP, I realized it can get really boring, really fast with just one person. But LP's with
    I know you said you weren't "Accepting" people yet, so you can wait to read this until the time is right :cool:

- Activity throughout the summer: I'll probably have a part-time job, but that's all. If you're in the US time zone our free time should match up decently.
    - Minecraft knowledge / common sense: I'm pretty experienced with Vanilla Minecraft, and I believe I know much more than most people. I have no problem exploring/surviving (I've gotten to 250k blocks out on EMC with no supplies from town) You can check out my small YouTube Minecraft channel by clicking here (yes, some of the videos are pretty outdated and useless). I still have to get used to 1.5, but I'm good up until that point.
    - Maturity: No problems here. I try to stay level-headed and respectful.
    - Interesting person: I was born in Alaska. I'm studying theoretical physics. I'm double jointed in several different ways. But in all (un)seriousness, I try to keep a consistently "chuckle-able" sense of dry/witty humor.
    - Somewhat good Microphone: I have a Wal-Mart bought Logitech microphone, and it seems to get the job done (check my videos to judge for yourself).
    - Skype: I don't have it installed at the moment, but I could probably install it in under an hour (I have an account, but I reset my computer since last using it).
    - Possibly the ability to host a server: My internet and laptop are only decent. It's possible, but I probably wouldn't be the one hosting the server (though I could probably afford to use a third party hosting service if necessary).
    - Organization: Honestly when I'm by myself I don't really worry about organization, but with others I have no problem keeping things organized.
    - EMC's Allowed Mods: I generally use Optifine and/or Rei's Minimap, and I have no trouble installing/uninstalling additional mods.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  11. I MIGHT be able to do this.
    It depends on if mumble is free or not.
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  12. Mumble is free and can be downloaded HERE
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  13. I've removed the "possibly able to host a server" because as he said, DeMott is letting us use his. He's a good friend of mine here and overall just an awesome person :D
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  14. I think it would be a great lets play series to see you and ur brother play Minecraft :D You could call it like the "The Crazy x2 Survival" or something like that idk xD
  15. Haha we totally should. My brother hates being called "Crazy" though. That's why he does C1080 at this point. I think if we do this then we might get Minecraft accounts with new names. "Heyaroo" sounds a lot better then "Crazy1800" :p
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  16. Oh I see ok :D Although I think it's pretty cool that you guys have similar Minecraft names it could be interesting for the series :p

How did you guys come up with name?
    Equinox_Boss and Crazy1800 like this.
  17. Ok, well... quite a few years ago my brothers and I played Toontown (Which is actually not a bad game) and the characters name was "SirCrazyMctwist" and from there we kind of kept using Crazy. When we first played Toontown, the username (Not character name) had 360 in it. For the character name 360 sounded stupid, and so did 720, so he went with 1080 (Ten-eighty).Then on another site the name "Crazy" was taken. So we made the account Crazy1080. We shared it for several months but it got annoying because we always had to consult each other with what to do. He complained to my Mom and since I was older I had to make the new account. In a sudden burst of creativity I created my username and have been too lazy to choose a new one.
    Steven7485, Equinox_Boss and heyaroo like this.
  18. Ah I used to play Toontown also! Those bosses..:D I feel like I've seen SirCraztMctwist before.. Hmmm
    Equinox_Boss likes this.
  19. Maybe! We used it in like 06. We actually did a recent play-through using 2 characters and several months after we used 4. 2 > 4 by far :p
    Equinox_Boss and heyaroo like this.
  20. It wasn't a matter of 360 sounding stupid, Crazy360 was just taken.

720 is stupid.

Crazy1080 is the next logical step.