Permanent residency issues + changes

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Envine, Aug 24, 2019.

1. So today i was teleporting around on EMCs best server (smp4) in the looks of a special addressed plot (9000, etc) in hopes ones derelict and i could claim it for myself and put another mall on it, But they all have permanent protection.... so i check their last log in and some of them are well over 500 days since their last login. that's ridiculous.
    Now anyone can create a shop, mall or whatever but even with the tag system people still use the traditional residence numbers and when pretty much all of the easy to remember ones (like 9000, etc) are claimed by people who haven't logged in for 500+ days.
    I think it should be time for those residences to be unclaimed by Snr staff and someone else utilise the plot.

The same story applies to spawn plots. Some of them are 500+ days inactive and all of them are at-least 30 days inactive. it gives no one else a chance to obtain the plot.
    i have been trying for a spawn plot for a few days awhile back and with them all under permanent protection and almost all of them over 30 days inactive. if you dont have a insane amount of rupees, or even if you do and make an offer to the owner through PMing them here on the forums and hope they do reply, chances are high that a response will be heard in the next 6 months.

So, i have a question, is there ANY way of obtaining a spawn plot or a easy to remember addressed plot even though its under derelict protection and its owner is 500 days inactive?

The problem with derelict voucher is they are too easy to obtain and quite a few people do sell them. and they can be obtained at events as well.

a few ideas i have that can be introduced to fix this.

- They should be removed and no longer given out at events
    - A new voucher that can be obtained just like derelict vouchers. but can force claim a derelict protected plot if the owner hasn't logged in for over 365 days.

- permanent derelict vouchers from now on should only give 1 year protection, not permanent
  2. The simple answer is yes, PM the player and ask if you can take over that residence and what you would like to do there, most players although may no longer play on the server do still check the forums. Some players may want rupees for a residence in a special area like around spawn/town this is normal but some may be happy to let you have the residence for free.
    luckycordel and 607 like this.
  3. It's in the name though. Permanent. They earned the right to have their plot protected so I can't see it being changed. As mentioned above, the only way of getting one of these plots is to inquire with the owner. The point of the voucher is that no matter how long you are away, you can be sure your stuff will be there when/if you come back.
  4. I've been on here for just under a year. And I understand your frustration that they got there first, a long time ago - how do more recent and active players get them?

But a permanent voucher is for being protected... permanently.

So there has to be another way. Not enough players to add smps. Maybe there is something else. Thinking cap is on.
    ThaKloned and Will_McNab like this.
  5. Well if people dont play for 500 days i don't think they will come back thats over 1.3 years gone.

I think there needs to be a balance between what we class a perm protection and them not being on for years
  6. I strongly disagree; the players paid for a permanent protection so that's what they should get. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

Sure I can see where you're coming from but hey... there are plenty of SMP's to choose from and each of them will have interesting plot numbers. Just be a little more creative about it.

As for spawn resses... first I never understood the big fuss myself because you can easily teleport in town (but hey, that's just me) but most of all: it's not impossible to get one. Well... with perm protection it becomes harder of course but heck, some friends of mine own resses right next to official EMC landmarks (like the /park on SMP2) and all it took was persistence and plenty of patience (I think, maybe they bought it; not sure).

You'd be surprised, I've seen it happen before :)

But even so it doesn't change the fact that they paid for a service, which means it'd be unfair to just revoke all of that.
  7. I will be speaking to a few owners about their plots and hope they check the forums for whatever reason...
    I understand the point of a permanent voucher is to make you residence... permanent. the point i'm trying to being up is if that person never goes back on the forums or logs in ever again that plot will be there until god knows when. i reckon once you gone for well over 500 days the chances of that player coming back is slim, of course knowing if they will come back ever again is a hard guess. i disappeared on my alt marine4121 for 700 odd days and came back.

also in my opinion they are far to easy to obtain, i got one in under a month of joining by opening a shop and auctioning a few items. give it a few years and there will be so many permanent protected residences that there will be none/very little open to new players.

If anything theirs too many smps, 5-15 players per smp, makes the server seem dead to new players who have no idea yet.
  8. I was gone for like 700 days on my now alt (marine4121) and came back because emc is differnt form every other server being the same.
    Its not that hard saving a million odd rupees for a perm vocher, but the big issue arises if you purchased it from the shop, which i didn't even know was possible until writing this post.
  9. also in my opinion they are far to easy to obtain, i got one in under a month of joining by opening a shop and auctioning a few items. give it a few years and there will be so many permanent protected residences that there will be none/very little open to new players.

But that's the point of the voucher. Maybe not everyone can come back and needs that protection. If we start putting limits on it, then it's no different then the deralict system. As for them being easy to get. I somewhat disagree there. If I have enough money, can I get one right now? Probably but I might not have that much and they still cost a lot. Plus the server has been around for 7+ years and the voucher has been here for 5 years and there is still many availible plots.

I understand that it can suck not being able to get the plot you want. I just don't think this is the way to do it.
    luckycordel and ShelLuser like this.
  10. As an additional point, you could also rename your res /v +9000
  11. EMC cant change those already out there as it is stated "Lifetime... no matter how long you have been offline..."
    So no changes will help in getting a spawn res if they are all already permanent. On another note though i did recently see a spawn res forceclaimed. New owner is also permanent though..
    607, ShelLuser and luckycordel like this.
  12. I know the owner of the 4 spawn residents on smp4, and highly unlikely he would let them go. I know what he pay for them, and let me say it was a boat ship load! He also paid over $400 in real money to protect them. I'm sure if or when he comes back he expects it to as he left it. No point in having the vouchers if they strip them away from you.
    Elaeric, 607 and ShelLuser like this.
  13. Yeah - that can't possibly cause any real confusion! :p
    Silken_thread and ShelLuser like this.