Overwatch Thread!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Sachrock, Mar 16, 2017.

?

Do you play Overwatch?

Yes 47 vote(s) 52.8%
No 28 vote(s) 31.5%
I want to 14 vote(s) 15.7%
  1. (This is a personal opinion and is not intended to piss you off)

Honestly I think he's powerful, yet not good enough. I feel like his barrier creation will be nerfed, simply because it's too much, but him as a whole is not good enough because this game is primarily ranged heroes. Doomfist just can't take out people unless they're very close together, you put them 25 meters away and he becomes nearly useless, unless he charges in, but if he charges to get one hero that means he's far away from another hero, etc.
  2. Reinhardt charge works the same way
  3. You might have a point with the barrier creation being too powerful, but only time will tell (in case you didn't know, you can only have up to 400 hp total, though there is a bug currently that allows you to go over that amount).

As for Doomfist being close range, keep in mind that several other characters in the game are also considered severely close ranged. I especially like comparing Doomfist to Winston. Both have that super close range problem, yet Winston is a top pick in the dive meta we have. Of course Winston is a tank and can absorb much more health than Doomfist; however, Doomfist is much more agile than Winston (as he has more maneuvering abilities than Winston) and also has a significantly smaller hitbox. On top of that, Doomfist's shotgun ammo provides much more burst damage than Winston, making him a very lethal dive character. I wouldn't be surprised to see Doomfist in place of a, for example, Genji in dive meta in the future. Other close range characters include Reaper, D.Va (her damage dropoff at long ranges makes her a close range character), Sombra, etc. The one thing that makes all of these characters viable is that every single one of them has at least one ability that allows them to get out of the fight. Reaper has his Wraith, D.Va has her boost (combined with her matrix), and Sombra has her teleporter and invisibility. But of course, like I said before, only time will tell if Doomfist will be good or not.
    Shadow_Dcord likes this.
  4. Yah, and it's a very powerful ability, but he's built for shielding so it isn't used quite as often or in as crucial of a situation as the Rocket Charge will be

Yah he's got a good bit of bugs, but that's to be expected for PTR. And yes, this list of heroes is definitely closer-range, but each of them has a useful ability. Sombra has hacks, D. Va has matrix (and she's a tank), Reaper is just godly against tanks and has self healing, and Winston has his bubble (and he's a tank). There's no utility that Doomfist carries, which is my only problem with Doomfist as a whole.
    K_Kick likes this.
  5. Doomfist might be the first non F tier added hero out of the gates

:p
    K_Kick likes this.
  6. Yah I'm actually starting to see more gameplay out of people like Seagull who have already figured out some pretty solid combos, my opinions are changing about him slightly.
    K_Kick likes this.
  7. With the new changes on the PTR to save highlights and record them I can upload highlights now! So this is a highlight from an Arcade game on the PTR with Ana.

Sachrock likes this.
  8. Sachrock and K_Kick like this.

9. The Reinhardt play though. I had just switched to Rein a few minutes before.
    K_Kick likes this.
  10. Love it
  11. Just an update for the season so far
    It's not too high but I started the season at 700
  12. Nice progress!
    EmpireMall likes this.
  13. So I thought Mercy's MMR was fixed. I just gained 30 SR from a single 16 minute match on Horizon.
  14. Are people still getting mad gains with 30% winrates as mercy?
  15. It's funny you say that. My Mercy winrate is actually 39%, but that's because almost every game I play as Mercy is when DPS Instalocks that are bad refuse to switch, so I'm stuck solo healing a team with little damage output. Also I'm pretty sure I only got like 6 players ressed that game
  16. After awhile of gathering clips I decided to make a 3rd Mercy montage to celebrate my 100 hour milestone. :p

Hope you enjoy!

17. Sorry to post another update so soon, but it's been done.

My goal is to get 100 hours on Pharah for the season, but I'm not sure it'll happen with school starting up soon and I'm a little burnt out on Overwatch
  18. You know, with all these Mercy plays, I'm starting to think you're a Mercy main.
    Fexu likes this.
  19. I am a Mercy main ;P 114 hours on her to be exact.
    Shadow_Dcord and Nighthawk3846 like this.
  20. Do you even play other heroes?
    Fexu likes this.