Outpost Group PERMISSIONS and Communication

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by IM4, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Ok, the Outpost is a good idea, like having a Guild or Faction but there needs to be a way to set permissions Like Group, Residence Group or Friends Permissions. Unfortunately the Group permissions are only valid for short time and temporary. Residence permission only apply to residences and does not control blockbreak and other controls off a residence. Same with Friends permission which does not separate friends that are not in the outpost group OR maybe we should call it the CLAN group which would not need an Outpost to function but could be used by an Outpost and would continue like a Residence Group does.

ALSO, I am waiting for the Private Forum that an outpost can have. I suspect that there is no player interface to control how this private forum can be set up by the leader which is needed for membership communications and messaging. And a private CLAN chat could be implemented.

Another thing needed is a way to have secured areas and granting access to members. This could be done like the @friends sign on a trappedchest that creates a redstone signal to activate a piston door.
    Make an @ClanName mechanism to do the same thing because again not all friends are in the outpost group.
    (PS I heard Trapped chests will not be in the new update 1.14)
  2. Good idea overall, but what do you mean by this? trapped chests are in 1.14, so do you mean on emc?
  3. The in-game suggestion is already confirmed. That is what "Empires" are. Our version of a clan. You will be able to set res permissions with them.
  4. I am look for controls to be used in the wild, for doors to private areas and the outpost.
    I do not see anything that will work or I do not understand what is currently available.
    Please send me an explanation.
  5. They may be in the game but I do not know why because normal chests will be able to be put beside each other.
  6. Lock signs? https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/locking-items/
  7. I found out the hard way that putting the "Lock" sign on the chest does not lock the the chest.
    WHY doesn't this work?
  8. It does. I would encourage you to reach out to someone for help. Meaning, show your setup to us in-game.
  9. The most common mistake with chest signs on EMC is hangin them onto the chest, instead of on the block above the chest. Try this, if you haven't already. :)
  10. YES, I know that now but there was no way of knowing that when I put the sign ON the chest at the time. I do not know why a sign can not be placed ON a chest to do the same thing.
  11. Indeed, I fully agree. This has been an unsolved issue for many many years indeed. :p