Our Kingdom

Discussion in 'Frontier and Player Outposts' started by TitansBobcat, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Looks great, and would I be able to possibly apply to join?
  2. Bobcat's mentioned to me several PM's asking the same. Right now we're still considering, but I should caution you (and anyone else looking to join) that we are close to an hour's travel from the nearest outpost and anyone willing to make that trip should be prepared to settle in, since return-trips to town simply aren't feasible that far out.
    TitansBobcat likes this.
  3. I'm big in the wild, so I would be all ready for this.
    penfoldex likes this.
  4. Check your inbox?

Status update: the Keep is nearing completion.
    We found that the villagers were somehow escaping over the walls and getting themselves killed, so a contained "villager farm" now resides where the cobble-gen used to be. I'd tried building several in the past, but they refused to work for some reason. Fortunately, our villagers are actually getting busy this time around so the town may yet be repopulated.
  5. Can I possibly take a visit on by, and make some structures like outposts from that place? :)
  6. depending on what server this is on i am interested in joining or becoming a resident as well if i can. i am not worried about the hour long travel time form outpost and have spent at least a solid month in the wild on 4 before moving back to town. was trying to build a city but got hit by grifers early 2012 so moved back to town
  7. The central village is just about done. There are a couple structures we still need to finish off, but there's not a whole lot left in the way of expansions or outposts.
    Having said that, there's another NPC village to our southwest (within half a Minecraft-day's running distance) that we've been considering restoring as well. It spawned directly over a shallow cave, so while it'd take some planning to make it villager-safe, there's also a great deal of room for expansion, both outwards and down (underground dwarven village anyone?). It's been stripped of villagers (egged) for now, but with our farm working, it shouldn't be difficult to egg a few and repopulate it.

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread though, it's a really long way out, so it's not a place you'd "swing by and visit." We didn't really plan to make this any kind of 'wilderness community' but that doesn't mean we're not interested in seeing it grow, either. :)
  8. Looks great, some real amazing talent on that build. Keep up the good work, can not wait to see more :).
  9. If you are active enough to reply to our PM's and possibly skype or something, there is a southern village which needs a Lord. ;)

Yes, thanks! We will deffinately post more Screenies/videos for you to enjoy!
  10. This is where you have been Keph!
    Kephras likes this.
  11. At least for the past few weeks. I'm a busy kitteh!
  12. The Keep has been completed!
    As promised, the time-lapsed video.
    (Credits to Jeremy Soule & Bethesda for the music)

In further news, the villager farm was finally "cracked open" to allow them free roam. They have since repopulated the village and then some, increasing the population size to warrant the spawns of no less than three iron golems! Firelor has joined us, helping to connect the southern village to our current growing city, and at his suggestion we've begun to extend the city walls - when complete, this should increase New Atlantia's size by roughly a third of its current state.
  13. Yes, three Iron Golems, and now apparently, we're subject to zombie sieges. We thought that they were 'removed' in 4.7 but I guess we've just grown so much that they work for us!
  14. Just a question for anyone following this thread (or tuning in) - are you interested in further updates as New Atlantia continues to expand, or are we simply inviting trouble (and griefers) by advertising its existence?
    TitansBobcat likes this.
  15. I'm interested in the build. :)
    I trust you are a well distance away from spawn to avoid griefers, so you shouldn't expect troubleā€¦
  16. It takes over an hour's travel to reach us, but distance itself isn't any measure of safety - as we've already learned. Not that it'll stop us from building either, I just question if it's wise to continue advertising its presence with updates here.
  17. I have been banned from EMC, so no more updates will be coming from me, it's up to Kephras what to do about the updates and our kingdom. I trust Kephras can continue this and astonish you with his creativity. Good day to you all.
  18. You've been tempbanned - for two days.

Still, excellent design. It actually pulls of the castle look.
  19. Moved to the new wilderness forum.
    mba2012 and Faithcaster like this.
  20. If you guys make a remarkable progress its always nice to have an update :p Looking pretty fancy so far. I also believe that the majority of griefers arent very forum active. Would they risk a ban if they were interested that much into communicating with the community? Anyways good luck with this :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.