OPEN JOB POSITIONS AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'Products, Businesses, & Services Archives' started by _CAZZAC_, Jun 10, 2014.

1. WOW when i posted this i did not ask for all your criticism this is ridiculous EMC is meant to be a server where everyone helps each other out not slam each other with criticism. when i posted this thread i did not ask for u to comment on how i run things or that iam "scamming" players out of their money. simply that if you were interested msg me via the forums. and if you are not interested then ignore this post. and with these 8 people that i have hired since i started this they are all happy because they get paid and they choose which blocks they would like to collect. and what they have told me is that they are very great full for me helping them gain rupees. and unlike everyone else they are not worried about how much they could be making from selling it they are just happy to be getting money
    EffinBatman likes this.
  2. hes not scamming anyone. hes running a different business model then you perhaps but that doesnt make it a scam. not everyone has the patience to build and supply a shop.
  3. I really don't think that's fair.

Scam:
    1. A dishonest scheme; A fraud.
    2. Swindle (Cheat, Deceive, Trick, Dupe)

This business doesn't fit any of the above descriptions.

The only argument you could try to make for this business being a 'scam' is to say that the price he is offering for these materials is just too low.

But, the EMC Help files and Wiki state pretty clearly how players can go about setting up a shop of their own, or how to find other player shops, as well as how to buy and sell items at those shops. It is not too difficult for someone to follow these instructions, even for many young ones.

So, at most, that would make Err0r_408 a shrewd businessman.

Again, (as I stated in a post above) most player shops place a strict limit on how many of any particular item they will allow a player to sell to them. Thus there are multiple benefits in this type of business for a player wanting to sell bulk material:

1. Flat pricing for bulk product allows them to collect rupees immediately, avoiding the (perceived) "hassle" of setting up their own shop, advertising, and waiting for other players to make purchases... or of hosting an auction themselves (which also might not guarantee a specific return).

2. They don't have to spend the time and trouble searching for multiple shops that will purchase the amount that they want to sell, or making cross-server transactions involving use of their vault.

3. They are guaranteed a set price. Once they have determined that they are ok with a certain price per unit, they don't have to concern themselves with whether the price offered is acceptable.

Add to this (as I also stated before) that the purchaser of these materials is paying up-front for materials that they will likely not get an immediate return on. If you know anything about real-world business and economics, you know that there can be a large discrepancy between what a manufacturer charges for an item and what the end-user (consumer) pays. It's just expected that everybody will be compensated for their time and expenses in storing, transporting, and advertising.

Obviously some of these expenses really don't exist in EMC. For example, as a shop owner, you likely have no rent or utilities. The factors that do stay in play are: Player's time investment, inconvenience, initial investment, and length of time for return on investment.

So, my advice to you all is:

A. Stop being overly critical. Like he said, this thread was created to offer an opportunity. Plus, if he was really taking advantage of people, don't you think someone who had been taken "advantage of" would have complained, or staff would have expressed their righteous indignation regarding this 'heinous' business proposal?

B. Offer your own "better" alternative to this business proposition (not in this thread, but your own, better, more terrific, awesome business idea thread!).
    Err0r_408 likes this.
  4. Guys, what are you trying to accomplish by slandering his business?

To me, it is not helping him at all. It is actually hurting him. So if you guys could please back off of him and let him run his business his way.
    Err0r_408 and weeh666 like this.
  5. People who are saying this is a scam, it is not a scam. This makes sense mostly for new players and non-forum users who do not have the ability to find buyers. If i was a new player, I would not see it as too bad. Second, sky is right. You have nothing to accomplish accept slander someone.

Your business model could be improved, though. There is an option, which is to offer better percentages. Doing almost no work does not deserve 55% or the pie. Pay them more, then it will seem more fair, since you are doing the work selling
  6. Pretty much. You have to realize that the subset of players that are most likely to be involved with this are very specific kinds of players, neither of whom are the majority on the forums. They will fall into one of two primary categories: newbies who are just getting started, and people who are extremely illogical and didn't consider the fact that the business model is heavily imbalanced. It is not a scam if he is providing exactly what he's saying he's providing. He made no claims that it was a good deal (which it isn't), so give him a break. If he found people who actually believe that this is worth their time then that is entirely their fault.
  7. Yes i feel bad for saying this wasn't such a great bussiness idea. It does seem to make a little more sense now. Sorry Err0r_48