OMG hi2me

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by CrimRyuken, Oct 18, 2014.

?

Crim's res is

cool! 3 vote(s) 33.3%
blows. 1 vote(s) 11.1%
HADOUKHAAAAAAN! 5 vote(s) 55.6%
  1. Well, basically that's the way of the Internet (to some extend). After all, we're on the Internet where men are kids, women are men and kids are FBI agents ;) (silly quote).

So basically, its only natural not to assume :) Or in this case actually do assume I suppose ;)

Well, same here. I just visited your plots / residences (one day I shall get used to the multiple server setup and not just try to tp to a plot number only to wonder why it doesn't work ;)) and it looks quite impressive indeed! Both the build as well as the whole transportation setup. Basically its quite easy to hop from one section to the other, which is pretty cool.

But what I personally like best is that you left in both options. When I check a build out I usually don't use teleporters and such. Because doing so basically means that I'm following the route as the builder had intended it. Nothing wrong with that, but in my experience you'll usually discover some pretty cool things by not teleporting ;)

And having said that: I deny having scared your horses by dropping in from waaaay up at a velocity which would normally have killed me. That wasn't my doing, it was one of your villagers who made a weird comment ;)

But yeah, its a pretty impressive build. I like the wide diversity in shop signs. Better yet: selling and buying, that's bound to help out a few people (I know I wrote down the plot name to check up some more later).

I also have a few comments about it though which could be picked up as negative. Not meant that way but I think its only fair to share all my impressions and not leave out stuff. But just to be sure lemme hide it (nah, its not that bad but... Just to be sure).

As I said above; in general I really like the use of the teleport signs and pads, those really help with navigating through your huge build. However, in the spell section I noticed a pad which seems a little out of place. Its right behind an anvil and right in front of 2 shop signs. Because some other pads simply make a noise (and because there are no info signs placed nearby) its easy to overlook this one. So basically; you're walking up to a shop sign, only to be teleported elsewhere ;)

Its not a big deal, but can be a bit confusing.

And then there's the 3 part map ;)

The maps on the Acacia trees immediately got my attention, I really love maps in the game. So much you can do with that. But like I said; its a 3 part map. Its no big deal at all, but it did surprise me because normally you'd expect a 2x2 pattern.

Of course I think it could be by design because both maps on both trees were the same. One thing is for sure: using a 3 part map is a sure way to stand out ;)

SO yah, there you have my other points ;)

Can't make any promise on remembering anything, way too much to deal with on these servers. But I'll try ;) Well, guess we don't share the same music taste. I don't mind blocks but my favorite so far is still ward. Has a bit more tempo, nice build up and is pretty different between parts.

As to age guessing games...

I'll have to politely decline and won't enter ;) Lets just say that I've ran into a few problems with that subject amongst some of my friends. All good, mostly a big dose of teasing and jesting, but more than enough for me to skip this subject entirely ;)

SO: you're as young or old as you feel you are.

There ya go! :D
    607 likes this.
  2. Good post. I don't mind and even encourage feedback of all colors.
    I've been debating removing the TP at the anvil. Originally it had a sign but I began removing excess signs to reduce lag. It was one of the first objects in that room so everything was built around it somewhat awkwardly, I admit. I do intend to change either the info or TP pads to stone so they can be differentiated. Maybe I'll do that today. :)

Concerning the maps, they are 3 parts because I only have 3 residences and I want people to be able to use it for navigation. ;)

Thanks again for the well-thought post. :D
    607 and ShelLuser like this.