Off to the Wastelands

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jaqque, May 21, 2018.

1. In commemoration of the Wasteland getting reset - tomorrow I am planning on making a pilgrimage. I have prepared a collection of items that are relatively cheap, and should be able to get me through the arduous journey ahead.

If there is anything that I overlooked, please make suggestions. The basic guideline is I won't take anything with me that I would be sad to lose. I will venture out - dig myself a nice hole, and await the End Times (aka Wasteland Reset).

Current Inventory:
    • 2 stacks of Arrows
    • 1 stack of Torches
    • 1 stack of Steaks
    • 1 Iron Helmet
    • 1 Iron Chestplate
    • 1 Iron Leggings (legging? one pair of legging? leggo my eggo?)
    • 1 Iron Boots (2 boots? 1 pair of boots? Please don't boot me off the server?)
    • 1 Bow
    • 1 Iron Sword
    • 1 Iron Pickaxe
    Anything else to add?

Resource Pack: Steven's Traditional
  2. Water bucket ;)
    and a shield
  3. A stack of Potatoes, get Infinity and Unbreaking III on that bow, and 1 stack of wood BLOCKS (not planks). Otherwise, you are all set! Good luck! Happy Adventuring!
    jaqque and FadedMartian like this.
  4. I would be very sad to lose an Unbreaking 3/Infinity bow. I will take a single potato, named Smooshed with me.
  5. Even if you magically find one in your mail? ;)
    jaqque and FadedMartian like this.
  6. You get to keep your inventory and echest contents after a Waste reset - only things in chests in your waste base would be lost :p
    607 and jaqque like this.
  7. I love crazy stuff like this! :)

And I see JD already has his eye on you and is probably going to purge you personally :D

(sorry, at times like these I like to let my fantasy go wild).

But what you need: is a shulker box! Nothing says "auch" more than losing a shulker box (which in itself isn't cheap) together with all the goodies you put into it :)

And you know what? It's the 22th now.. I'll sent you one later today (tomorrow for me, I kinda had trouble sleeping and ended up here). I'm sure those darn staff can't take our shulker boxes (unless we leave then in chests in the waste as JD mentioned) :)

Darn you staff!! (I am seriously not serious here ;) )
    SansTheTimeLord, 607 and jaqque like this.
  8. Updates.

Gotta harvest a potato. If the cow will let me.

Name the potato. This is important.

Wait what is this ?

The best water comes from Pufferfish Pond

Looking good. I may have too many arrows now though.

(if you are curious about the bow....
    )
  9. Guess I’m tagging along!
  10. Send me a shulker box named SMP4 Time Capsule. I will put subsequent mailed donations into the time capsule. To be opened at some future time when the Wasteland is reset and the box is regened, with all of its contents.

NB: I have no personal control over when or if the contents can be regenerated. Please only send me things you are willing to send into a black hole. This will likely be a one-way trip.

NBNB: (is NBNB a thing?) Assuming I am sent an SMP4 Time Capsule box.

NBNBNB: This really can't be a thing, can it?

NBNBNBN: I gotchu covered. A shulker supersedes.
  11. ShelLuser comes through!

Gotta have something to put in it ...

The other chest is a lesser time capsule that I am going to dispose of in lava.

edit: The first donation!

(okay so I donated it myself. poppies are great for remembering)
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  12. A fellow 5zigger? Send Duck1D and I friend requests :D
    jaqque likes this.
  13. Done!

In donation news... (edit - more donations!)

Golden horse armor, care of R0bbieJo. PigZombie Heads and Magma cutesy of Leaf_Bucket.

More edits:
    cul1002 provided a couple bows: (they are both the same)

607 and Sydney_43 like this.
  14. SMP4 continues to represent.

Esrik has provided a bounty of goodies:

"In memory of smp4 wasteland reset" is a stone sword.
    "Sacrifice for the Wasteland Gods" is a squid skull (a very suitable sacrifice indeed).
    The monster egg is a polar bear egg.
    The prismarine and bone blocks are both a full stack.
    I an very pleased to announce that with the addition of the Empire Assistant, the Time Capsule will be able to find its way back through space and time, no mater where it may end up.
    607 likes this.
  15. Will you be placing the time capsule?
    jaqque likes this.
  16. I will - I have the list of Wasteland Protected Outposts on Random.org - when I spin the wheel that will be where I start - and then off I go to find a nice hole.

edit:

This just in! Reset got delayed a day. Expedition still sets out tonight.
    607 likes this.
  17. So it doesn't reset your shulker box when you place it and resets?
  18. I fully expect the shulker, and its contents, to be wiped. The potato, however, will be with me. Near my heart.

edit: superfluous apostrophes squelched
    607 and ShelLuser like this.
  19. Oh phew, all that is important
  20. Southwest it is!

Sword and potato. Who needs more?
    607, Smooshed_Potato and Esrik like this.