Not enough information about reporting to Staff on the Forums

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by KatydidBuild, May 14, 2019.

1. The reasoning cited on the wiki is that it's to protect your anonymity - mods have access to reports and if you reported them they'd see it. You're supposed to PM Krysyy if you have an issue.
    607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  2. Ah, interesting, thanks!

Suggestion: tell this in chat when you report a moderator, so people ingame know what to do. :)
    607 and mba2012 like this.
  3. I thought that was added when it was last suggested. *pokes Aikar*
    Joy_the_Miner, TomvanWijnen and 607 like this.
  4. It has been, in fact. :p
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  5. Thanks, both of you! :)
    607 likes this.
  6. I would recommend enhancing the "Contact Us" page to include a list of issue types for contacting EMC. On the back end, each issue type would be associated with the correct ticketing group appropriate to the type of issue.
    KatydidBuild and Joy_the_Miner like this.
  7. That is a VERY workable and useful suggestion.
    HazardousUWU likes this.
  8. This is still very much an issue with players in the overnight hours when there is no staff online.
    There are discussions once a week of whether to /report a player because they are stuck in a minecart and then there seems to be contradicting from mods as to whether to message all staff or just /report.

A universal method for contacting staff for stuck players or situations that need attention would be much welcomed by the community, as it has been literally begged for - for a number of months.
  9. No SS have been online (in the shadows) to help you out with being stuck in blocks before?
  10. I believe that relying on a staff member to be online, but in vanish is not a universal communication method for contacting staff with problems that arise.

Actual suggestions that have been made are:
    /report Aikar
    a discord help bot
    sending a forum message to all staffs

Other than hearing from Kryssy that the "contact us" button is the best way to report griefing. We have not had a substantive update to the:
    contact staff this way for this problem.
    contact them this way for this...
    contact them this way for this...
  11. I hope something is figured out, because that does sound horrible Katy. Being stuck in a block and waiting for a staff member to be online to free you from it. :\
  12. This is the first I knew that for griefing staff prefer we don't use /report :confused:

My experience with /report is staff being super responsive and helpful. :D

I had also been wondering about the best way to let staff know about non-urgent issues. There are often things that could do with being looked at but at a convenient time, not immediately.
    KatydidBuild, Lianail and 607 like this.