Nintendo

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Slip_Stream, May 12, 2012.

?

Which consoles are your favorite?

Color TV Game 4 vote(s) 5.8%
Nintendo Entertainment System 18 vote(s) 26.1%
Super Nintendo Entertainment System 19 vote(s) 27.5%
Nintendo 64 28 vote(s) 40.6%
Nintendo GameCube 23 vote(s) 33.3%
Wii 28 vote(s) 40.6%
Wii U 7 vote(s) 10.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The "Wii U" look freakin awesome. I really like the Wii, I loved the Super Nintendo. I got my first Nintendo (NES) when I was 8. My sister won it at a raffle and I was hooked from day 1. It came with Mario Brothers and Duck Hunt. I still hate that stupid dog...I can still remember what I was wearing and who I was with when beating Mario for the 1st time. Then came Mario 2, which was cool in it's own way. But nothing compared to finally getting Mario 3. Dang that game was fun. My friend and I waited, we read everything we could about it, we even went & saw that crap movie The Wizard just to get a view of it. Then to actually get it, sit down and play it...oh man, that was living.

Fast forward a number of years and imagine my surprise when for Christmas, I got my very own SNES. Again, my mind was blown. The graphics were a major upgrade and the controller had 4 buttons on the front and 2 on the top! Once again, I was hooked. I loved Mario Brothers and my friend and I spent an entire summer correctly naming all the players on Ken Griffey Jr Baseball. He had a broken leg, we couldn't do anything fun like swim, bike ride, hunt, camp, hike, nothing...so we decided to do that. We had fierce battles and though we remember differently, I still say I hit more homeruns and won more games than him. SNES had a good if not great selection of RPGs as well. Oh and don't even get me started on how great the Donkey Kong Country games are. Those are still some of my favorites. I still have it & still play it from time to time when I'm not busy.

I love Nintendo. Because of the company and the console I was introduced to hardcore gaming. All night game sessions with my best friends and 42 cans of JOLT cola. Nintendo was the start of my gaming life and it was awesome
  2. Bah to you. Advance is the only handheld (And really the only nintendo product I own) I love.
  3. That's what i'm wondering...
    marknaaijer likes this.
  4. My three favorite consoles are the SNES, Gamecube, and Wii. My favorite games on each are Super Mario World, Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy respectively. I like Mario games. They're simple, but fun. Kind of like Minecraft.
    P.S. I'm the first person on this thread to mention Minecraft.
  5. Some prefer the cartoonish graphic style, some don't. You made my very point yourself, albeit for the "other" side of the argument, but it applies both ways. In any case, you can get cartoonish style games for the other consoles too. Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse has quite a cartoonish appearance, as such:
    sam&max.jpg

I loved that game, but with my PS3, I can also get super-realistic games, like Metal Gear Solid 4 and Burnout Paradise, games that would just look like junk on the Wii.
  6. Well Sam and Max, Burnout... you get can those for pc. This is the part where I have a big laugh. Someone actually used the words super-realistic and Metal Gear Solid without a large dose of sarcasm in a sentence. See I have a wii for good console games. If I want graphics I can just play some of the games on my computer. One last thing. I want a graphically intense text-based game.
    ISMOOCH and B4DMAN5IMON like this.
  7. I started playing on dad's NES when I was little. I've played Sega Genesis, Nearly every Nintendo console and handheld, Xbox, 360, PS1, 2 and 3 as well as PSP. I can't really choose a favorite.

It may just be a waste of money to you but to others it might be the best thing since sliced bread. My husband bought me one for our anniversary this year. It's the first time in two years we have had any kind of video game console/handheld and I LOVE it. I can play games, get online, watch Netflix, buy games through the marketplace. It's like a mini Wii but I love it.
  8. I'm glad I could entertain. :p If it weren't obvious, I was talking about graphical realism only. (Things looking close to their real-life appearance.)
  9. That's is pretty much how I got hooked on games too! I got a NES for Christmas with Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt. The whole hand-held gun blew my mind as a kid. When the evenings came I had the neighborhood friends come and play in seeing who could have a perfect score in the game.

Then when the SNES came out, it was a whole new experience. The controller was round and fit nicely in the palm of your hand and the gaming library was awesome! I played all the games that you mentioned and had a blast. Do you remember games like Earthworm Jim, Sunset Riders, Super Mario All-stars, Uni-racers, Zelda, Stunt Race FX and Turtles in Time; just to name a few.

Of course I continued with the consoles such as the N64, GameCube and Wii. One game in particular for the N64 that got me hooked to first-person shooters was the infamous 'GoldenEye 007'. That was one game where we had all night multi-player sessions!

Nintendo's future looks strong and I can't wait to see the new Wii-U!
    HillbillyBeastly likes this.

10. Of course I remember Earthworm Jim. Loved that game too. I recently downloaded it from Xbox Arcade. It isn't the same not playing it on SNES but I don't know where my cartridge went & I was needing a EW Jim fix. I don't remember it being so hard. I still think the SNES Zelda is one of the best Zelda games ever. I was a Ninja Turtles freak as a kid, so Turtles in Time holds a special place in my heart. Oh and who could forget the Mortal Kombat games, those were awesome. You're dead on about the SNES controller. It still fits perfectly in my hand. I never played the N64 or GameCube. I went from SNES to Playstation to PS2 to Xbox360. I do have a Wii and I really like it. It is a different gaming experience than PS3 or 360. It's fun and I've had a good time with it. I'm certainly interested in the Wii U & will surely check it out when it is released, if my wife lets me ;)

Slip_Stream likes this.
  11. It's like 1993 again, but in 2012 and without wanting to smash a Wiimote against the wall! Check out the new Classic Super Famicom controller for Wii and a jillion of other new things! -- ThinkGeek

PandasEatRamen likes this.
  12. ok the wii u is awesome but how can it be your favorite console?
    it has not been released
  13. I grew up on Nintendo since I was four years old. We started with the NES, upgraded to the SNES, had a few gameboys along the way and ended with the N64. I recently bought a Gamecube off a friend, but I'm still a retro gamer at heart :D
    Slip_Stream likes this.
  14. Hahaha! So goofy!
    Twitch1 likes this.
  15. Well, without Nintendo, video games might have not made it past the 80's. (Please read to know what I mean: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_video_game_crash_of_1983) Nintendo seems to be the best in quality. None of its stuff seems to break easily. (Most NES's bought in 1983 still work with only a few glitches here and there.) My first game console was a PS2. I was around 5, I think. I begged my dad to get it for me and my brother. He gave in, and got it. That was my only console till the Wii. Then i got my DSI, and that's about all. I think Nintendo is the best. Sure, they don't have a lot of M rated games, but that's how Nintendo rolls.
  16. this is my thread!! people say nintendo is a "family-friendly system" it was true with the Wii.. not so much on earlier systems..

When people say family friendly there can be different opinions..

With the WiiU Nintendo wants to move away from that title and move towards a hardcore audience.. It is hard to move from "the good guys" to hardcore and fun with some stuff for the youngins..

Nintendo is my favorite gaming company and will be for a long time..

atm im watching top 100 video games on G4.. maybe 3/8 of them are Nintendo classics :D
  17. Warning : neither is family friendly

18. Awesome!
    matthew12hydro likes this.