New year promo idea

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by mailman31401, Dec 29, 2013.

1. I see but, what about the supportership?

If there are too many supporters, without actually paying anything, a lot of new money is entering the circuit
  2. I think you had to actually buy this promo for 15k at spawn... So it wasn't a promo in the sense that we have 1 free promo for everyone now using /promo, but it was a special, EMC exclusive item :p
  3. how long would it take to run a diagnostic of rupees inflation/deflation? :p
  4. oops, sorry, just saw this, it actually cost 20k per. That's why I don't have 100,000r now :p
  5. *realizes he has the first ever promo from last year*
    "Just walk away slowly Jacob.
    They can't smell fear :p"
  6. how many? my fear may be greater than yours :p
  7. This is a reason we put a lot of focus into rupee sinks to keep it in check. So far the economy has been healthy, but honestly I think we could USE a little inflation just to help give more flexability with pricing.

Ideally, if the economy balanced in a way that 1 dirt = 1r, it would give players more flexability to distinguish prices between items.

The main worry about inflation is if its done in a way that the lower end of the market can not reasonably work there way up, but on EMC, everyone has pretty good opportunity to work their way up.
  8. I'm loving the dirt promo :p
    samsimx likes this.
  9. So what is that dirt promo exactly? Is it basically all the same properties as dirt with just a different name?
  10. This idea turned out!

I just did /promo newyears13 and I got a firework
  11. This idea was for something else, and the firework was known to happen.
  12. Even though we just did Rudolph, Why not a Zodiac Horse..? o3o
    ...nevermind...
    Pab10S likes this.
  13. Heehee. Well iron is now 1r thanks to me and chickeneer
  14. Was reading the replies and I saw this. Why not add 2 more clocks.
    Wasteland Time
    Frontier Time