New year promo idea

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by mailman31401, Dec 29, 2013.

1. As said ^ I wanted to try to get some change in behavior in for this one, but I'm simply too busy IRL to find the time for it :/
    Bro_im_infinite likes this.
  2. I believe that this promos are actually ruining the server economy
  3. Works for me :p
  4. No the current promos we have now are going down in price because people have a lot of them. They have nothing to do with any other block.
  5. How would they be ruining the server economy? :confused:
    607, Bro_im_infinite and Kells18 like this.
  6. People have lots of promos, which they can sell and make a lot of money. Now if suddenly we all have a lot of money, prices will start to go up
  7. There's no extra money entering the economy than there would be without the promos, the money that somebody might make comes from other players. Buying/selling/trading, the very basis of pretty much every economy.
    607 and Kells18 like this.
  8. Here is the official promo already :)
    2013-12-29_11.19.30.png
  9. What about the supporter promos?

That is a lot of extra money entering the market. Besides, we will run out of residences
  10. New promo! /promo newyears13
    RainbowChin likes this.
  11. lol, keep up, that was so 2 minutes ago (for me) :rolleyes:
    607 likes this.
  12. Also! /promo dirt
    RainbowChin likes this.
  13. *looks at promo*
    "meh"
    *claims anwyay*
  14. waitwut. there's actually a dirt promo o.o
    AmusedStew likes this.
  15. "Not Special Dirt" a 16 stack.
  16. I have the all the New Years Fireworks, and if they create a new one for 2014, I will have 3! :)

EMC is awesome with their community. They hold mob arenas, random events, promos, voting rewards, etc.! Keep it up staff! :)

17. Lol I didn't expect Aikar to actually make the promo dirt when I suggested it... But yaaaay!
  18. This is actually the signs of a good economy.

Money circulating and being traded = thriving economy. These promos usually always accompany a /shop version, which drains rupees from the economy.

After the promo ends, price goes up, so money circulates more.

New players have a shot at making large sums of money from a single item, which they then use on building materals from others, stimulating the economy even more.

It really helps promote a healthy market to get money moving and not pooled in 1 place.
    607, jacob5089 and ninjaboy5656 like this.
  19. I'm just checking, was the first ever promo New Years 2012?
  20. I believe so...
    607 likes this.