New video How to build a Stone Gen

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Silken_thread, Mar 11, 2013.

1. I can think of a way of working it into your design, but it would end up being almost twice as long.. and it would be rows of stone instead of a long slab.. :(
  2. I built one on smp5! It's fantastic :) Thanks for the great tutorial!
  3. Saw you doing that :p
    margaritte likes this.
  4. Your welcome margaritte :D
  5. Yeah that's the problem I found, but still its not a big bug with it and easy to sort.
  6. Although I wonder if the excessive bumps were necessary... I love the design, great video and good luck with your channel :D
  7. Not excessive :D I just didn't want it getting lost into obscurity :p and tnx the channel has been running for over 2 years but only just started doing more video's glad you like.
    Pab10S and _Stads_ like this.
  8. Yeah I completely understand :p I'm glad your glad I like :D
  9. I like the yawn - it really looks like 'Good morning' :D
  10. Nice generator, though on Empire (for us British anyway) I can forsee problems with lag - I have had this often with a single lava stone-generator
  11. I have used this on EMC for some time on and off and it works well, I keep having to dismantle it for other things :D but I know what you mean, I think most servers have problems with redstone stuff I was hoping that 1.5 would sorth out those bugs, but by the looks of things its not bug free. If anything its full of bugs, and just glad EMC are not updating until its stable, although it means more delays. I would rather that though then the problems 1.3 gave us all.
    ZBSDKryten likes this.
  12. I know some ppl don't like using clocks and i agree some can be glitchy, this one however has never let me down. I am conducting some experiments on this not using a clock, I got it working using a boat and a plate but just with the stone gen 4 blocks wide.

Unfortunately its very buggy, when a stone block is formed at one end of the pistons stopping the water to flow to the other area's lava is let in this then destroys the boat.

Also when it is filled so no more stone can be pushed by the pistons and you remove some stone it does not start up on its own again.

I will continue working on it but can't say if or when it will be finished, just a case of watch this space :D
    ZBSDKryten and margaritte like this.
  13. For someone who sufferes from a sleep disorder your frozen yawn is constant source of torment. :p

That aside, I do enjoy your videos. :)
  14. lol, I was laughing and putting my daughter off who was trying take a photo of me and my wife on our anniversary. Bu it is sort of between a yawn, laughing and I suppose crying when I got the bill for the meal :p
  15. Lol. Thanks for the good humor.

Cheers,
    Curundu
  16. Your Welcome :D
  17. So I though I would bump this again as its still relevant. I did update my channel to the new,,,new style but got next to 0 views over 3 - 4 days so I returned it to the old - new format.
    Google really likes to mess around with YouTube layout but it does not always work out good.
  18. Good Morning and Bump
  19. 2013-03-30_18.57.02.png
    This is a better version i made, use all repeaters on bottom row and a 5 repeater timer to let water flow, it is much faster as in stone gathering.