New US Colony?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by samsimx, Oct 4, 2013.

1. okay first get us a tank, fuel, and possible some ammo. :p
  2. be quite what? happy? sad? content? the world may never know
    Chascarrillo likes this.
  3. Please don't quadruple post. There's a reason why there's an "Edit" button.
  4. Im a Chef
    So i can dine of fine foods. :)
    Have fun eating pies 24/7. While im eating on bread, soup, pastries and roast beef/chicken/pork.! :D
  5. it's great

because pies encompass all of those foods.
    samsimx and Cordial_Pie like this.
  6. You know what? Im all for the pies, as long as we can stuff them with other foods
  7. I'm the chemist so..... meth okay?
    princebee, Jcplugs and 5chris100 like this.
  8. just because you watch breaking bad does not make you a chemist :p
  9. I want to be a chemist as well!
  10. forced*
    5chris100 likes this.
  11. Pie is the key to life. Your food is wrong.
  12. How is it pies and muffins makes it way into every thread :confused:
    like. srsly.
    HurferDurfer1 likes this.
  13. I was here with my food first. Away.
    AliceF3 likes this.
  14. Just... Be quite
    5chris100 likes this.
  15. Chief... uhh... PONY GUY YOLO
  16. Nope
  17. equipment
  18. One does not simply equip Kazuto Kirigaya with equipment.
  19. equpment, AKA Kazuto Kirigaya should et his/her eqipment ready...
  20. We're starting a sovereign state, you say? Count me in, ladies and gentlemen!
    I suggest we use Bir Tawil, an unclaimed strip of land between Egypt and Sudan. It is the only unclaimed piece of land in the world outside of Antarctica.
    What I suggest we do is, we send out an expedition to the border between Bir Tawil and Egypt, and erect a camp with basic necessities.
    We establish a solar power plant around the camp, set up infrastructure linking us with the Egyptian power grid, and sell electricity to them. The profits from the plant will be distributed equally across expedition members, and members can use the income as a living wage.
    Expansion of the plant continues, and permanent housing is established on the site of the old camps. The housing ought to be of a middle-income standard. The housing will feature roads and gardens containing flora adapted to the desert environment and dirt imported from somewhere which isn't a desert. Water will be piped in from the nearby Lake Nasser and the Red Sea, and purified using the solar power. As well as having a use in basic public amenities, it will have a use in terraforming the local environment from a desert into a partially forested grassland.
    A National Estate will be established, where a Constitution will be drafted.
    Key elements of the Constitution should be:
    • a thorough Bill of Rights protecting both traditional rights, a right to refuse to kill, and a clarification of marriage rights to allow same-sex marriage
    • a system of government based on that of the US, with the exception of the electoral system, which will be based on the single transferable vote
    • fiscal conservative measures, making it against the law for the state to hold any national debt whatsoever, and making all tariffs and protectionism against the law, and have no official currency (make citizens use cryptocurrencies such as the Bitcoin or Litecoin),
    • a passage of nonviolence, outlawing the creation of any kind of army for any purpose, and forbidding the distribution of lethal arms to any police force
    • making it against the law for the government to keep the Gini coefficient (the measure of economic inequality) above 35%, and making it law that the government must appoint and fund the office of an independent Commissioner to calculate the Gini coefficient. If the coefficient goes above 35%, the President should be stripped of his position and a re-election should be held
    • a section explaining the state is temporary, and will exist only until it is absorbed by a world federation or a continental African Union
    • a section ensuring at least 10% of all spending goes to science, technology and engineering research
    Once that is done and the state is established, seek UN membership once the funds are available. Expand the state solar plant until it encompasses the entire state; develop solar panels which are integrated into the roads, and ensure by law that all buildings have solar panels atop them (but have the government pay for all these solar panels).
    In terms of the government, be sure to develop

• a National Transportation Service, to provide and conduct research into transport capable of taking anyone between any two points in the country (and, in the future, outside it) at the cheapest cost and the fastest speed.
    • a National Health Service (original name, I know) to provide free universal healthcare and research into cheaper and more effective healthcare for all citizens.
    • a National Energy Service, which administers the state solar farm and conducts research into more efficient, cheap and effective forms of renewable energy generation.
    • whatever other government departments are needed.
    As the NES research becomes more lucrative, privatise the state solar farm and break it up into four different corporations, one for each quarter of the nation, but levy high taxes on them. As the research becomes more and more valuable, sell off patents to the privatised solar corporations, and decrease taxes on it and other energy companies which may pop up, until there are no taxes levied at all on energy companies, and the bulk of national income comes from progressive taxation and selling patents from research.
    I may continue this later, but if you want to set up a 'colony', I know how it's done.