[NEW REPUBLIC] Looking for a programmer.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 72Volt, May 19, 2013.

1. ...too complicated xD. I think I'll stick to rupees... the only official currency of EMC.
    gabeli likes this.
  2. I got excited you would join us... :(

The funny part is, i plan to as well...and i am the guy that started this
  3. Jeeper Creeper! ain't nobody got time fo' dat
  4. Oh yeah... I need to start on C++ again... :p
  5. I have a friend who might be able to do this, I will ask him
  6. so confusing:confused: I don't even know whats going on:confused:
    plasma131 likes this.
  7. Hmm this seems pretty easy to me ... just have to do a few math equations ... then make a list and sorter with partial user input ... the input being sent and received from an online database ... the hardest part being implementing it on a website and have it always run... would have to be made into a web app and run it on one of my websites if i try to do this... i've only made phone apps, and desktop apps so far... shouldn't be too much different :p
    KoenJanssen, 607 and mba2012 like this.
  8. Just to mention. I'd be happy to make a cool looking website and have this as part of it. :D
  9. Everything is right except the banks. The only bank is the Central Bank, which exchanges diamonds for Neore and vice versa. Good to hear you're interested! ^_^

Wonderful!

Thanks!

Good to hear!
    If you'd all be up for collaboration, that would be excellent ^_^
    mba2012 and 607 like this.
  10. A website, I think, would be the ideal choice of platform for this project (as opposed to a client-side app). It could be written in PHP (or any other server-side language), and be backed by a database engine (such as MySQL). The website could (1) allow players to view their current balance and (2) allow bank tellers to do such things as "print" money (by generating unique IDs to be "printed" on the bank notes), log diamond-exchange transactions, and log withdraws and deposits. Also, anybody could check whether a given bank note is valid by entering the bank note's code in the website (to prevent forgery).
    KoenJanssen and mba2012 like this.
  11. As a NR Citizen, Could somebody please like PM me or something about all this Neore Business Please?
  12. The Neore is the currency of the New Republic.
    Neore comes in Neore bills, written books signed by certain people with text on them making them worth a certain sum of Neore, and in this thread, we are working on a way of making Neore virtual, so you don't have to fiddle with Neore books in your inventory and it's as simple to use as the rupee.
    100n is exchangable at the NR Treasury for 1 diamond, and vice versa. :)
  13. Excellent to hear, I'll create a working group so you can work with other interested people :)
  14. Thanks where is the treasury?
  15. The chicks dig hardcore programmers

Ummm... Wrong forum?
  16. It hasn't been built yet, you can exchange your diamonds for Neore with Adder in the meantime :)
  17. Did you not see the pity-fest on Valentine's Day? I know my audience. :cool:
  18. Nope
  19. Ok. So far I've managed to make a basic website using a framework I found for the styling. Right now everything is hardcoded but as shavingfoam said earlier PHP would be better and I'll probably add PHP functionality soon so that others can manage the website. I'll probably build the site so that if someone creates some web-side projects for the New Republic they will be able to upload it to the site as long as they use the correct format for the layout so that the website has a standard layout.