[NEW] Leaderboards for Events

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Krysyy, Aug 13, 2015.

1. I respectfully disagree. They look fine the way they are and the wiki templates have limitations we have to work around. Considering this was done without wasting one second of Aikar's time, I consider it a success with no changes really necessary.
  2. So how do you play these games?
  3. Firefloor - firefloor.emc.gs
    Mob Arena - wiki.emc.gs/mob-arena

All of the info on the events can be found on the links above. If you haven't come to one of these events before, I highly recommend it. :)
    HelloKittyRo likes this.
  4. Or you can do this: MobArena! FireFloor! Yes, I'll edit if links don't work :p (Click exclamation marks ;p)
  5. Why did you link exclamation marks to links that someone already posted?
  6. Yep. I felt like it <3 eaiser way I'm showing penguin
  7. Penguin does need help with computers, sometimes.
    jkjkjk182 and PenguinDJ like this.
  8. Me with most computer-ish stuff:

georgeashington and jkjkjk182 like this.
  9. ^Me building rifles.
  10. Oh I have been but nobody showed me how to play so I just watched for a while. Thanks for the info!!
  11. So I have a bit of a suggestion. It appears updating the tables in themselves is a time-consuming process for Krysyy/Dramanya so this might not be feasible if it's too hard to do, but I thought I'd at least throw the idea out there:

Monthly/Lifetime Event Leaderboards

We have TEXP Monthly/Lifetime and Referrals Monthly/Lifetime, why not events monthly/lifetime? I think these events will cause more competition than the others, which makes sense - there are custom items (and more importantly, bragging rights ;)) at stake. Lifetime events will give players a chance to show off their total wins, which is good, but also gives the new(ish) players (to the events or to the servers) a chance to make a spot on the leaderboards.

Think of it this way: in a year, a player joins. They get an event win and make the leaderboards - but they're at the bottom. They win a few more, and they're still near the bottom, because there's a player with 50+ wins at the top. It'd take them a year to even have a shot at earning a decent spot on the leaderboards, because they started at a disadvantage: they joined later than some players.

The addition of a monthly leaderboard would not only give all players an equal shot on earning a high spot on the leaderboards, but would also make the current "champions" of events work for their spot, instead of slacking off and still keeping the number one spot. ;)

Does this seem doable from a Staff perspective? And from a player perspective, is it even a good idea?
    FDNY21 likes this.
  12. Already on the list of possible things, but we decided to start with one overall leaderboard before signing up for more.
    PenguinDJ likes this.