[NEED REDSTONE GOD] Paying for someone to make redstone timer

Discussion in 'Player Jobs Available' started by MrAdazahi, Jul 6, 2017.

1. Hi! I want a redstone timer on my res that counts down 5 minutes. I will supply materials and pricing will be discussed in a pm.

Thanks!
    ShelLuser likes this.
  2. If I'm not mistaken, one second is 20 ticks in Minecraft, so you could look up a *calculates* 6,000 tick timer to build.
    ExExUnderscore likes this.
  3. I'd be happy to build it for you, just PM me
  4. I noticed the post above me but... This is quite easy so shouldn't take much of my time. I'd also be happy to build this and for no charge, as long as you provide the building materials.
  5. Just like thhe others, I've alrdey got a design iun my redsone testing world:
    This is what it looks like , this only does a little more than 4 minutes, not five minutes. but, there need to be five stacks of items in the hoppers, the repeater facing outwards is output and to activate it you need to blockupdate the sticky piston. You can also make it one wide by putting the down layer on top of it.
    (this isn't my own design btw, I beleve it's orgibally designed by EthoPlaysMinecraft)
    ShelLuser likes this.
  6. I was kinda looking fornone of those that like... has glostone lamps showing nubers, but that prob wont fir on my res, a small one like jelles that just turns on a lamp and plays noteblocks when 5 mins passed
  7. Well, I can make that system work with 15 redstone lamps that count down if you wish to, including it making it really five minutes, it would get a little bigger though...
    But I beleve that this, consederably largesr, syste here sould be able to do the trick...

The only flaw with this system would be that it needs around 2 minutes to reset itself, I can make that less, but That'd make it even bigger (this even isn't the full system, I do need a redstone clock to power it, and basically remove the parts that I don't need (this is a system that I've used for testing other builds, as you can just click a button and it gives you a asked signal strenth, wich can be really usefull in builds that use signal strenth as a way to send larger amounts of data trough one line (wich I'm planning to do at my newest computer, but I still need to figure out how I can decode it as fast as I want to send it all...))
    Let me know if you're interested in a system around this large for it, I can make a working system for you in a small amoutn of time, as I have made this things in my dreams...
    (I am going on hollidays in three days though, so you need to be fast :p )
  8. A few hours later...

I made this fun thing here for you (and also becuase I was bored, mainly becuase I was bored) It can take anywhere from 2 to 62 minutes to count up, and always takes 2 minutes to reset itself, you can also make it take even time to count up, but it would be really inpractival, and I'd use a different design for that (I had to use diferent colours becuase it started to be really crazy with systems I didn't understand anymore...)
    http://puu.sh/wE4T4/508095b56f.zip
    ^This goes to a .zip of my redstone testing world, I have shared that world before, so nothing special there.
    This system here starts counting up at the moment you press the button, after it reached the time, it automatically resets itself, but it doesn't decrease the amount of lamps turned on, so, the amout of lamps is or increasing or on, wich I really like. it also should be unbreakeble, (wich means you can accentently put on any redstone or build it in any order you wich without breaking it. if you want the amount of time it takes to change, you only have to change the amount of items placed in the two hopppers with the redstone block on top of it, the amount of items = (n-128)/11.2 with n the amount of seconds you want it to take.
    To power it you need to power the block at wich the button is placed at any form.
    You can fo corse change the place the output is located, as long as you don't mess with signal strenth (so make the redstone line that comes out of the comparator contain the signal strength it has)
    I hope you can do something with this, in case you can't install it yourself, I'm most-likely not able to install it myself, as I will be away, but I think any redsoner can do it for you (shell defenetly can, he's just not as good in compacting things (or to lazy...))

Annyways, thank you very much for asking to do sometrhing again, it was a nice challange, I always like to mess around with signal strenth. also, you can replace the two comparators that get a derect signal from a redstone torch (the two turned off ones you can see in the picture) for repeaters if you want it to be less lagg-friendly, and replace the block the tripwire hook is standing on withh a furnace if you want it to be more lagg-friendly (I saw that after I made the screenshots and such) I always tend to make everything as lagg-friendly as possible (as my computter otherwise would hate my redstone testing world...)

Last but not least, if you want to have a guided tour around this would, check out the redstone theread:
    https://empireminecraft.com/threads/the-redstone-thread.67833/
  9. the problem with most timers on emc is they tend to break really easily with the afk system.
    you should have it where it has a toggle to reset after the timer goes off, this makes it where you remain active as well as the redstone remains working properly
  10. It does automatically reset after it has gone off, only, when it is resetting it the lamps stay on... I actually am quite sure that this system doesn't break after all, since TomvanWijnen and I have got one like this at our utopian residence, that one has been working for over a year now, so I guess this one won't break aswell...
    The clocks/timers that do break on emc, as far as I know, are the ones that relay on a unstable cirquit, this one relys on powered and unpowered hoppers, wich makes it usually still work when afk...
  11. yeah that should be fine as long as the hoppers dont cross any chunk boundaries
    Jelle68 likes this.