Need forum updated for giveaway threads

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by mjnoe70, May 1, 2017.

1. ....please add a new section specifically for give away player events.

I also suggest updating https://empireminecraft.com/wiki/chat-rules/ section
    Economy Chat and Advertisements

with information related to the whats and how oftens or a new section for non-economy channel notes related to events or give aways.

After my attempt to have a fun contest/give away I have found this is not clearly noted nor well organized.
    Eviltoade likes this.
  2. +1 I think that a giveaway section on the forums is a good idea so we can separate the in-game player events to the on the forums giveaways
    mjnoe70 and Eviltoade like this.
  3. +21 I like this as well :) being a huge fan of giveaways / contests myself
    Sachrock and mjnoe70 like this.
  4. +9001, now i wont need to dig through the player events forum
  5. +0

I'm not too sure to be honest. If I look at the first page of the player events forum then at the time of writing I count 30 threads where 14 of them were give-aways. If I look on the second page I somewhat see the same divide between them.

So the problem I'm seeing is that if you split them in half then wouldn't things become even more complicated? I mean, then you'd have an event forum to host player events, but you shouldn't use it if you're doing a giveaway event, then it should go into yet another event forum. I'm not too sure that will help here.

Another thing... I fully agree with you that those chat rules about advertising were plain out confusing. Now, I can only base myself on memories but I get the impression that this chat rules page got updated recently, it seems to be more clear now. 1 hour delay between any in-game event adverts, so any event related advertisement has a 1 hour delay.

So how would a new forum change all that? More important: why would it need changing?

Now, I do agree with you that the rules page could use yet another update. Because by using that specific color it almost looks as if those delays are not how to do it. But that's best discussed elsewhere ;)
    TuqDufRhySmp8 likes this.
  6. Giveaways is a type of player event, so no

But updating the chat rules is necessary, to do so PM the contribution team leaders :)
  7. bump, did this die or is it a possible addition to the forums?
  8. This is the first time I'm seeing it. In the future, I advise that you send me a direct link at pmcm.emc.gs if you wish to have me see something. I don't ALWAYS stalk every post on the forums ;)

Will respond to the ideas posted in here later this week, due to being crazy busy right now.
    mjnoe70 likes this.
  9. Thanks Krysyy, I was not sure who would respond to this or even if the whole community really gave their 2 cents, though over all seemed like pretty good feedback. I wasn't trying to be a pain, just happened to see this old thread and wondered if it had a call up or down. Either way will not be an issue in the end.