My written and recorded music (Rock)

Discussion in 'The Jukebox' started by jeniusplay, Feb 4, 2019.

1. Hi all!

Been a guitarist since I was 10 and have always enjoyed writing and recording my music. Below are links to music I've composed, but unfortunately never got the chance to have them heard by the masses! I can also play bass and drums but can't sing for the life in me unfortunately, so it's just music without lyrics.

This playlist "Carpe Diem" contain a select few tracks I've completely finished writing. "Crash Course" is just a backing track, whereas "On And On Again" and "Firefight" have lead guitar and piano playing the vocal melody respectively:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-741721788/sets/lets-go-rodeo

This playlist "Carpe Demo" is a shortlist out of probably 50+ unfinished ideas I've had over the years but would like to finish eventually (recorded on a mixture of Garageband and Guitar Pro 6):
    https://soundcloud.com/user-741721788/sets/lets-go-rodeo-carpe-demos

And here is a cover of Rihanna's "We Found Love" with original vocals:
    https://soundcloud.com/user-741721788/lets-cover-rodeo-we-found-love

Hope you enjoy!! Feedback welcome of course :)

Cheers,
    Chris.
    Lukas3226, Jelle68, 607 and 6 others like this.
  2. That's neat. I was just listening to a bunch of old punk style garage band music a few days ago.
    jeniusplay likes this.
  3. Very cool, thanks for sharing :)
    607 and jeniusplay like this.
  4. Iā€™m not a big fan of rock music, but this, this is amazing! Good job!
  5. pretty cool! who did the vocals for we found love?
    jeniusplay likes this.
  6. I used Rihanna's vocals from the original track.
  7. Ooh, I'm really looking forward to listening to these! There are a lot of people that can draw really well on EMC and that's awesome, but there aren't enough people who compose and/or perform music. :D
    jeniusplay likes this.
  8. Hah! So far you're the best composer on EMC. This is really well made and layout, good job man!

If I was only given this playlist and no context I would have thought it was a real backing track to an actual song.
    Lukas3226, 607 and jeniusplay like this.
  9. Nice...
    Reminds me I have still make my thread... I'm procrastinating that for far too long now too. (I've been playing (classical/jazz) piano for more than a decade now...)

Anyway, it sounds good :) You say it's written and recorded, but I cannot find the written part. I am quite used to giving people constrcuctive critisizm based on the sheet music, as that is one of the things I tend to with some of my "musical" friends. If you'd like me to, I'd defenetly look through it, I love doing that myself :p

Thanks of sharing :)
  10. Completely stoked by all the kind words, thanks everybody! Always great to have fresh pairs of ears on them. The only feedback I ever get is from family and friends, so I'm sometimes concerned they're just humouring me (yes, humouring, not humoring ;);))

Will keep updating this thread as I develop my ideas and eventually get a vocalist onboard.

Thank you!!
    607 likes this.
  11. Woah, Crash Course and On And On Again are great! I'd really like to hear Firefight with actual vocals, as I feel like it could be great, but the piano doesn't really fit the song.

The cover is nice too! It's been a while since I heard the original song - actually, I'm not sure if I ever have, maybe I've only ever seen the Minecraft parody. :p I should check it out, though, I did consider recently that it's been a while since I added any new main-stream pop songs to my music collection. ;)

I also listened through your playlist of unfinished ideas. Interesting, but I didn't know what to do with any of them, personally. :p But that's probably because I don't have experience with this genre of music (time for a shameless plug :D: I compose minimal music and chiptune myself, and occasionally soundtrack for film or video game. I don't perform my own music, but do arrange retro video game music for piano, for sharing of which I made a thread on EMC :)).

jeniusplay likes this.
  12. Thanks 607, much appreciated!!

The piano is playing the melody of what the vocalist will eventually sing, so it's just a placeholder. I have lyrics and vocal melodies for most of my music, just haven't been able to record a vocalist yet šŸ˜ Once that's done my world domination can commence šŸ˜œ

Awesome! I'll check it out this evening, look forward to hearing what you have!
    607 likes this.
  13. Very cool! I genuinely like your music, I like listening to rock music and this matches my tast in music very well. What I miss personally is the lyrics, though.
  14. Yeah, I thought you had lyrics already, as at the end of On And On Again I actually 'heard' "on and on again" a few times. ;)
    jeniusplay likes this.