My view of America.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ww2fan168, Jul 17, 2015.

1. 1) Nuclear fission is a completely natural process
    2) Nuclear power, as of now, is not a good idea
    3) Nuclear power will be a good idea only when we find a better way to contain its wastes effectively
    Kaizimir likes this.
  2. Canada geographically sits on top of the US ;p
  3. The thing is, people DID hate Germany, and some still do. But Germany has totally changed from who they were in the early 20th century. America is doing the stuff people hate them for right as I make this post. Also, how did Russia start a world war? In WW1 they responded to the Austro-Hungarian attack on Serbia and in WW2 were invaded by Nazi Germany.
    M4nic_M1ner and Deadmaster98 like this.
  4. Unless you're a cowboy... Or a soldier... Or someone at a baseball game. Freedom needs a hat so that it doesn't blind itself in its own sun.
    M4nic_M1ner likes this.
  5. Russia invaded Poland on September 17, 1939. It was a planned attack that nazi-Germany would invade west Poland and The Soviet Union would invade the east, the two countries would then split Poland in half. Although Germany fired the first shot of WW2, the Soviets were in on it too, so you can look at it as the Soviets contributed to the start of WW2.
    Lance2013 likes this.
  6. America is making progress in that area. They are banning all trans fat in foods sold in the US by 2018(?) I think
  7. Regulate the world economy and politics (UN)...
    Lance2013 likes this.
  8. McDonald's
  9. In my opinion, Vietnam was a pretty crucial turning point. Or around that era anyways. Lots of corruption was occurring, televised wars. I don't have lots of facts to back my statement up, because it's 10:34 and I'm an early sleeper, but everything in US history seems to stop having a "glory of war" image. Ugh, too tired, this may be really irrelevant
    Deadmaster98, ww2fan168 and mba2012 like this.
  10. Russia never started any wars. They were on the Allies said during both world war one and two. I don't hate America, just as I don't hate Germany or Russia. However, I disapprove of a lot of what America does.

I agree with you here. What was the purpose of invading Vietnam? It was to stop the spread of the "evil" communism. People might try to justify it by talking about genocide and whatever, but that wasn't the reason it was invaded. It was because democracy and freedom.

By killing everyone who isn't being peaceful?
    SoulPunisher and Deadmaster98 like this.
  11. The UN isn't worthless and bad. While most of the time it is a talkfest, they are capable of holding people responsible. It's also through the UN that most sanctions are placed on other countries, and so they certainly help there. The UN was also a major contributor of funds to help prevent the spread of Ebola and other significant health scares.
    SoulPunisher and Deadmaster98 like this.