My view of America.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ww2fan168, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Can we stop comparing our Commander in Chief to Hitler? Seriously. Obama is not an idiot. Nobody who has the ability to make it to office is. I could use any quote with a promise, and say Hitler promised. Obama is not the freaking anti-christ.

Politics is about change. Change in relationships, laws, and all that stuff. Without change, without any risk, without any chance of anything, you do not have politics.

I personally am really glad this deal went on.
  2. I wasn't trying to imply a personal view on either side. :)

I was trying to understand what WCG_Elite pictured the soldiers doing in light of...

I thought it humorous to picture a UN peacekeeping force armed with these tools. (martial arts, baseballs and tasers)
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  3. Fusion is not readily used as it is still under R&D - though in the near future this will more than likely become the worlds main source of power. The process nuclear plants use is Fission, which splits up atoms of Uranium/plutonium (primarily) to release energy. This is completely safe under the regulations that the power plants have in the modern age, and have always been safe. The only time there has been a disaster was due to human error and disregard for safety.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand. Why do so many Americans have an Anti-everyonebutamerica belief? If you don't already know, the US is the only country in the world to have used a Nuclear weapon against another country - a civilian population too. So the reason you do not trust other countries with this power is because you feel they will join you in the 'great honour' of mass genocide? The Iranians are not stupid. They will not start a war with the rest of the world because they physically cannot. If they did it would follow with their IMMEDIATE destruction.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  4. While we're on that note: He's the best President the United States has had since 1963, and a lot of people outside of the US agree. I don't understand why Americans think he's screwing their country up because he's a fan of equality for everyone and all that? I wish he could have unlimited terms in office like Prime Ministers have :/
  5. Pop some RadAway. Remember kiddies, only you can prevent human flesh virus.
  6. I was meaning fission, not fusion - but to be honest, as of 2010 bill gates helped propose a system to start using the nuclear waste instead of just fission around 2020, but we need an area willing to build the first stable and working facility....

This was one of the top 5 ways used to help reverse the percentage of carbon emissions in the world...

So as to use the waste to fuel energy instead of burning off say coal.

It's more near the middle to end of the video, that he goes more in depth on the difference between the 1% of uranium that we currently use and the rest is just stored as waste - so as to use this 99% of waste, should last a good 60 years each.

Though, the toughest thing is finding where to make these reactors... make sure the people controlling it are in a safe location, and not in the hands of countries with 'destructive means'.

The ideas behind nuclear fission and fusion are great...

Though, to be honest, I don't know why they don't just use carbon compressors to separate carbon from the oxygen molecules - and use the 3 part oxygen to release o^3 (ozone) to help stabilize the atmosphere....

http://www.buzzle.com/articles/uses-of-carbon.html
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  7. The problem with this is who will make sure the US and Russia dismantle every last nuke even if they promised to? They can now hide them on submarines that nobody outside of one room knows the exact location of. Don't forget these are also nuclear submarines and can stay submerged as long as food supplies last(months at a time). As I said earlier, this is implausible and we also have more than enough conventional weapons to destroy anyone we want to.
    SoulPunisher and Deadmaster98 like this.
  8. I'm curious as to what you suggest instead of a treaty.
  9. “Of course, yes, death to America, because America is the original source of this pressure,” he said.

Sounds to me like he wants his people on his good side, as any politician would. Why would Iran want nuclear weapons at this point? Are they really going to bomb America? Nope. And even though Isreal denies having nukes every time the subject is brought up, they are suspected to have them by many many people.
  10. May I add, he made the speech after the nuke deal was over and after the US lifted the sanctions.
    H00D likes this.
  11. Ok, to clear up some things:

• The US is a member nation of the UN, just like basically every other nation in the world. In fact, it sits on the Security council (along with China, Russia, the UK, and France) and can veto any resolution. The UN is also based in New York City. By any definition the US is in the UN.
    • We have too much debt as a country, sure, but it's not quite as bad as it seems. About 1/3 is owed to the US Gov't itself, and we can always just print money. Also, US bonds are the underpinning of the financial system so you have quite literally every rich, powerful person in the world lobbying to make sure the US doesn't default.
    • International law is basically toothless. Countries only follow it when it's in their best interest. If Iran violated the treaty they would have sanctions put back on but because America is angry, not because of Int'nl law.
    • The treaty is mainly meant to keep Israel and our Gulf allies from dieing of a heart attack. No one trusts Iran, like, at all. Iran will probably try to cheat but the hope is that we catch them. Iran's weapons wouldn't pose an existential threat to America because, y'know, we turn their entire country into ash.
    • On average Nuclear reactors are safer than, say, a coal plant -- the toxins from the coal plant kill people slowly all the time. People are scared of them because the failures of a nuclear plant are horrific (if extremely rare).
    boozle628, mba2012 and SoulPunisher like this.
  12. Even if they didn't Iran is not stupid enough to bomb a close ally of the world's second largest nuclear power. Well, they are, but they use a proxy militia and incendiary bombs.

The whole "turn Israel into an extra krispy order of KFC" is total political pandering. In reality they just looked at how well Pakistan does now in international politics and go "I want that!"

You are spot on.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  13. Then I hope they would never want to use them, and if they did, it would hopefully be at eachother and not the other countries who delivered on their word and went all Norway on their nuclear weapons :p
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  14. Do you normally listen to Lecrae? Does it make me crae-zy to think that? I love Lecrae. I have Rehab and Anomaly.

. . .

k then
    ww2fan168 likes this.
  15. Yeah, I like Lecrae, I think he speaks the truth in that song ( Welcome to America )
    herocrafter2912 likes this.
  16. When I first saw the name of this thread, I thought it would be on a topic COMPLETELY different than this. For example
  17. That looks disgusting and cancerous and would probably give Europeans (we don't have food like this over here because of tighter food laws and stuff...) diabetus fuel.
  18. Quite a role reversal in the sense of comparing the US to China. The US has given nuclear technology to Iran, but China is threatening North Korea not to get/advance the nuclear technology it has. Recent test fires by North Korea has actually meant that China isn't vetoing for it when the UN wants to do something, as before China would pretty much always veto anything against North Korea.

It's probably for the better. Iran (and most of the middle east) is very unstable (caused by western interference yay America) and the slightest thing could easily set them off. Not sure of the sanity level of the Iranian leader, but I'd assume he won't just come and shoot nukes everywhere. I'm guessing he isn't an idiot.
    mba2012 and Deadmaster98 like this.