My view of America.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by ww2fan168, Jul 17, 2015.

1. So by removing public school, then forcing families who are already struggling to have to pay for their child to become educated increases poverty, unemployment, taxes spent on benefits and social care, police funding will need increasing as crime increases due to unemployment also tax income decreases as people aren't able to pay as much in. Yeah... education reduces costs and increases income. It takes a while to do so, but in the long run is a lot better.

Private schools give a 'better quality education' because there are less people doing it and more money spent. Also, what happens to the current public sector staff? Just lay them off? Increase employment massively, reduce tax income etc etc. You literally cannot remove a large thing such as education. It is vital to a country and the education system spans so far, that it would cause a massive impact across the entire USA.

The only way you could move the education system around is by force. Otherwise you're pretty much screwed. People who can't afford it won't want it (even with the 5k voucher), and the rich wouldn't want it because why should their child be forced into the same classroom as some peasant boy who should be in a public school. The idea would be internationally discredited and nationally refused.
    Deadmaster98 likes this.
  2. Then the private schools can screw all of the desperate teachers over because the teachers need a job, and the private schools are the only place to work. Hey teacher, how does 25k/yr sound?
    jkjkjk182 and nfell2009 like this.
  3. The education system is a delicate thing. You cannot simply remove public education, oh and by the way, I've been informed that there is actually a human right to education, so there must be some sort of public education system in place. Yes, the jobs from the public education will be moved to the private ones, but what if the teacher doesn't meet private education standards? You're saying about giving the "best education possible", but then there is no difference from a public or private school.

canuckshockey also makes a great point. With the government paying, there is an equal playing field for teachers, they go based on skill, experience and qualifications. However, a private school will easily use the whole new set of job losses to their advantage. Just force them into a job. Because that's really gonna work out well.
  4. There actually is a difference, finically, and form of education ( most private schools are religious meaning they don't teach most of the stuff in public schools, but add more subject).
  5. It should also be noted that many voucher programs already exist, and they don't work. A good chunk of my college level economics class's unit on education showed how poor voucher programs actually perform.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2013/10/vouchers-dont-do-much-for-students-97909.html

Private schools would not create any new jobs. If anything, the jobs would just shift around until they found an equilibrium point. Then the states would have to pay high costs to maintain the large public schools that would have much fewer students in them, if your plan were to work as you describe it. It would not be in anyone's benefit to go private for education.

Private schools are loyal to whoever is funding them, or whoever owns them, not to the students. They do consistently under perform and without set standards, they would have no reason to teach a universally accepted education. College is for specialization, not basic schooling. Basic schooling is to get people ready for the world. Basic schooling needs to be as similar as possible.

If someone wants to study the arts, so be it. They do it in college, and their parents should have little say in it. No kid should be sent to an arts school from an early age. That is robbing them of their potential future. No kid should be sent to a math and science school either, for those same reasons. If we privatized schools, schools would certainly specialize. If they didn't, what would make them any different than the public schools that would cost the parents nothing more, but be backed by a government that has the means to provide the schools with what they need?

I would like to see the proof that you have backing up your claims that public schools administrations make gobs of money, while the teachers and students get treated poorly.
  6. If people get to use their own tax money and the government doesn't we're back to square one - the government is going deeper into debt!
  7. You've just taken a sentence and made it completely out of context. Please don't just start cutting stuff out. If you're going to reply, reply to the whole thing or at least keep the context of my post.
  8. The government is not forcing you into public school... And besides public schools are more popular among parents.
  9. Actually, 48% of people want public schools. 41% want private, however, 36% want public schools and 12% want public charter schools. Both of which are funded through the government. But anyways, lets not argue about education.

In terms of nuclear technology, when Japan gained nuclear power technology, they didn't batshit crazy and make nuclear weapons to then launch at the US who are actually one of their highest rated targets.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  10. I would not trust most parents to make that decision. My parents pushed me to exceed academically, but most of peers' parents just wanted them to get by.

The idea behind taxes is that things get done with them that benefit the majority, not the individual. If people got to avoid taxes by allocating that money into an appropriate area, then they would pick the cheapest option. We also can't forget that not everyone paying taxes towards schools has kids in school. Parents using a voucher program aren't just spending their money, they are spending their's plus multiple other people's money. It is already sad that voucher programs exist as is, there is no way that I would support my tax money that is allocated towards education being spent on a sub-par, profit aimed, private school that doesn't uphold my standards.
  11. I'm sorry, but have you ever tried being a politician. Managing a country's treasury is possibly one of the most complex jobs ever. You have to make sure you don't way into debt, but at the same time you have to make sure you are looking after your citizens and making sure they don't go unemployed or are living under the poverty line. You can't just say, lets stop spending money here and there, because you can't.
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  12. Bravo! We spend more on the military than the rest of the world combined. It's ridiculous. Then spend the money to educate our people. Of course the republicans don't want to spend any money on education because they know the vast majority of college graduates vote democrat. Keep'um dumb and voting republican.
    mba2012 likes this.
  13. This would be very dangerous and wrong.
    Further violence, even in such situation, will produce even more violence.
    It would be the next turn in the vicious cycle.

There is also a great danger that one will become what one is fiercely fighting against.

What to do instead?

Support countries who will take care of refugees. Welcome the people, protect them and provide them with necessary means to be able to work and survive.

Support countries around to be able to defend their borders with advice and reconnaissance, but no money and no weapons.

Don't bribe anyone, don't take bribe money from anyone.

Don't spy on your allies and friends.

Do not fund any paramilitary and terrorist groups.

Wait patiently. Their society will break up from within.

Take care of your own society. Terrorism is by far not your biggest enemy.