My video game - In progress

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheCrimeLime, Apr 16, 2016.

1. What do you guys think of the inventory so far?
    In the pause menu, theres an option to open you inventory which toggles this:
  2. Why divided by 2? :confused: Couldn't you just make the stuff cost twice as much gold to achieve the same?

I'm not too sure on the mechanic itself... it depends on where you want the game to be heading. In most games, I prefer no ability to upgrade, so right from the start, you're capable of as much as you will be at the end, except in the end you'll have developed more skill. In some games, it works, but overall, I don't like it, also because it encourages grinding, which isn't a thing that should be done in platformers.
    Hrghorhg likes this.
  3. Thanks for the advice, I decided to stop making the shop thing a few days ago anyways :p
  4. When is your deadline for public release? I wanna review this game so bad ;-;
    Hrghorhg likes this.
  5. Waiting on the art from jay2a that's all, once I get that I can actually work on levels and things
  6. I'm not sure if a deadline would work for stuff like this, honestly... I mean, it's a two-man team, and they're doing it all in their spare time. Plus the view on what the end product should be isn't very exact yet.
    An estimate might be possible, but a deadline wouldn't work very well, I think.
    Hrghorhg likes this.
  7. You honestly shouldn't set deadlines on stuff like this lol. It adds stress on the developers and devalues the quality of the end product. Games shouldn't be rushed - this goes for big and small companies, and one man teams.
    Hrghorhg and 607 like this.
  8. I wish I could go faster, but we both have had lots of exams lately and it takes a while to make big tilesets anyways, I tried to maybe set a date for hopefully before summer is over, or before it starts was my original, but I don't want to really rush this project and end up with a sloppy buggy game. *cough ea cough*
  9. Hello everyone!
    Sorry there has been no real updates lately, jay2a hasn't been able to work for quite a while now, so I might make some really ugly placeholders in the meantime.
  10. A new update is finally here! I quickly made a bar thing that's ugly, an ugly saw, ugly fire stuff, and an extremely ugly super fast rat with one health and 2 damage.
    These are placeholders so dont freak out! Once jay2a comes back to life he can start working on the actual art for it. :p
    Anyways, to the fun stuff!
  11. Water is now a thing, breath holding under construction, and fixing ammo bugs
    falling platforms and falling rock things also in the works
    and a concept idea I just thought of, wind. Which would be really hard to make and wouldn't exactly make sense in a dungeon game :p
  12. maybe you could pull a wind waker and make it blowing out of some statue
    Hrghorhg likes this.
  13. Hey thats actually a great idea, hidden traps like blow darts in statues of heads or people!
    Great idea ill send you 2k
  14. Heres what I have so far of the water, its really ugly, just transparent blue :p
    I really need jay2a to awaken