My video game - In progress

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheCrimeLime, Apr 16, 2016.

1. I used Game Maker to make the sprites, because I can't find a better image editing program for it.
    I'm going to make the sprite sheet for the ground easier to work with so hopefully the sprites will blend better. There's a lot more that I'm going to work on.
    607, StoneSky and Hrghorhg like this.
  2. From what I saw of the footage, It looks great! I love the way you made the subtle lighting in the background follow the character as they moved! So far, it looks like a quality side-scroller! I have some friends that I think may like this! If you mind, I could share the footage with them.
    Hrghorhg likes this.
  3. sure, I need all the feedback I can get! I need ideas of what to add, such as powers items and all kinds of gameplay mechanics. Example could be like an inventory to select different items to throw, or a hot bar
    w0rld_craft3r likes this.
  4. If you ever want to shoot me the file download for the demo, I'd be happy to do a let's play on my channel.
    Channel Link
    Hrghorhg likes this.
  5. Sure, ill send you it once I make some levels and add more stuffs
    Im in the process of adding flames, arrow shooters, stompers like the ones from mario, and some other neat things
    Do you have any ideas of items to add?
    CoryLovesYou likes this.
  6. Found out how to fix that lighting glitch, new update coming soon
  7. New lighting effects:

That new lightings looking good so far!

Working on adding the bug-a-thon arrow shooter >_<
    A proper level select to choose which level you want to play and with locks
    Plans for bosses

I NEED IDEAS FOR MY GAME GUYS! 5k to each great idea I get and add to the game!
    Eviltoade likes this.
  8. How about only showing what is currently lit by the screen and increasing the light range a little. It would also add to the maze-like feel by forcing players to explore to find what exists. For example, players won't realize there is an extra life on the ladder until they go up there.
    607 and Hrghorhg like this.
  9. Looking really good so far.
  10. Eventually, everything will have those special lighting effects, do you have any ideas game mechanic wise?

Also: Sneak peak at that new level select:
  11. It looks really cool!
    I like it. :)
    Hrghorhg likes this.
  12. Thanks!
  13. Waiting for that release.
    Hrghorhg likes this.
  14. Hopefully soon, I love your videos btw :p, can't wait to see what you think of my game!
  15. Maybe add a puzzle mechanic. Like pushing buttons in order and timing them correctly to open a door to the next level.

Also I would absolutely LOVE to do a demo of this on my CHANNEL
    Hrghorhg likes this.
  16. Thank you, I appreciate it :p
    Hrghorhg likes this.
  17. Oh that's a great idea! I'll pay you 5k when I can get online :)
    Also I subscribed to your channel, I can't wait to watch people play my game that would be so cool
  18. The mechanic I was thinking of was pretty much that; only showing what is lit and making everything else pitch black. Along with this, there would be a ton of branching paths and hidden secrets for those who look. Finding the best secrets could give medals or story related items.
    607 and Hrghorhg like this.
  19. Yeah I was thinking about those kind of branch kind of things, do you have any ideas for some sort of powerups?

Notice how the farther away from the player the background is pretty dark? Thats because only the background and the coins have the cool lighting affects right now, hopefully, I can make a normal map for everything in a bit
  20. Added:
    New Font
    Sexy background smoothness
    The stompers I forgot to add before :p
    Working on:
    Turret
    Saws
    Stalagmites
    Ammo and a hotbar
    Falling platforms
    Crushing this you have to hopefully make it past maybe

What do you guys think, should I add a menu where you can buy upgrades and things like more health or to poison your projectiles? You could use the score you get divided by 2 maybe as your gold and buy stuff from the shop?