MY LITTLE PONY DISCUSSION YAY

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Alukiann, Mar 7, 2018.

1. Ok it's our shared alt but how did you find this?!?
  2. Was gonna say gaming_comander’s a BIGGG BRONY!!!!!
  3. My alt: why did you name me this way? Why why why?
  4. #NoComment2Confused lol
    FadedMartian likes this.
  5. I just watched Season 2 Episode 17: Hearts and Hooves Day, and it's probably the most comedic episode so far. xD I smiled throughout almost all of the episode, I think, it was that over-the-top funny!
  6. I used to be a brony for like 2 hours in grade 4. I realized how cringy and immature it was and stopped. Thank the lord I made that decision.
  7. I'm not into the ponies and stuff, but I question what the appeal about it is..?

(This is coming from an outsider looking in, so I may be biased.)
  8. Well, I will certainly answer here. :p (a similar comment was made on Discord)
    It's a very bright, fun and happy show. It's got a mane cast (sorry, but that's actually how they're referred to as...) with very extreme and different characters, each of which has even got a different colour scheme somehow displaying their personality.
    The episodes feature very simple writing, so it's easy to follow. There are nice gags, though, and sometimes there are some interesting plot points.
    But, mostly, it's probably just the fun animation (and if you're watching the English version, voice acting as well). It just feels good to watch.
  9. Doesn't do justice for me. I still don't see the appeal to the older demographic. I watched an episode of MLP about a year or two ago because someone I know who's a "brony" (or pegasister,whatever the words are) told me to, and then I'll see what the appeal is. So... I did.

Immediately when the intro music began, I was repulsed and annoyed while the music grated my ears, so I turned the audio off until the actual episode began. The episode itself, well, it's just... a cartoon... for girls...? The ending credits audio was equally as grating as the intro, of which I turned the audio off, again...

I told them I didn't like it, and I hated the audio for both the intro and credits. Their excuse was to watch another episode and then I'll turn into a broney (or whatever the term is). Same deal, different episode, came back to them and they said a 3rd episode will do me good.

Yeah, right... a 3rd time of irritating intro and credits music will do it...

So no, I still do not see the appeal. Though there are some animations on Youtube with more darker stories (some of which that contain a lot of violence that includes the characters themselves) with the MLP characters catch my attention. Those I find interesting, a lot, and I enjoy them as well. :D

Normal MLP stuff? No, not at all...
  10. It might, actually. It took me about 5 episodes until I could stand the intro, I think. It took a few more until I liked it, and then probably the entire first season until I started singing it and started jamming out to the credits music.
    So yeah, there might be more to it than what I said above... as it being at first so repulsive but later so attractive is an interesting trait that doesn't apply to many other 'things' (I thought about a more proper word but couldn't find a satisfactory one).
  11. It won't, actually. As I said to you on Discord, there's just some things that are not meant for some people, and this is one of them. I don't hate it, but I don't like it. However, based on my experiences with it, I will be biased and say that it's an overrated show, where people I have talked to (who do watch it) say it's great, but as an outsider looking in, I only see it as a cartoon meant for the little girl demographic. (Plus, I doubt that watching it and being irritated and repulsed by the intro and credits music a 4th or 5th time will really help your case here. :p)

To each their own and if you're a little boy or an old man who likes this, more power to you. For me, I'll stick with to those darker/violent Youtube animations that include the MLP characters. :p
  12. Why do you mention your perceived demographic again? It's not relevant to how good it is.
  13. Woah, I just realised it's "Faithful and strong", not "Faith full and strong"... >.<