My Involvement in Emc

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Ace_15, Feb 9, 2018.

?

How should I be more involved in Emc?

Be more involved in game(in general) 5 vote(s) 45.5%
Be more involved in the forums 6 vote(s) 54.5%
Host a public event 3 vote(s) 27.3%
Host a party(I'm not sure on this one but I think it's different from events) 3 vote(s) 27.3%
All of the above 6 vote(s) 54.5%
None of the above(comment what you're thinking) 3 vote(s) 27.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I personally really like Emc a lot, one of the things I like being its variety of things to do. As such, I'm trying now to do everything that Emc has to offer and be involved in as much as I can. So, I am leaving it up to the community to tell me. How should I do everything that it has to offer, or how I should be more involved in the community? If you have something that I don't have listed, please let me know. I'm open to anything.
    ttyler333 and 607 like this.
  2. I'm all for being involved on the forum, of course! ;)
    Starsphere and Jay2a like this.
  3. 99% of what I do on EMC now is on the forums. Nothing wrong with that
    I'd say it's largely up to you though. Just do whatever makes you happy and just feel free to host events or whatever when you feel like it.
    607 likes this.
  4. Just do what you like to do, I only connect to play.emc.gs when I want to get my ruppee bonus or when I need to talk to someone. The rest if forums and singleplayer (creative) building, that are the things I like to do. Just do the things you like to do.
    607 likes this.
  5. I'm a little late to the thread but... my take on this is: be there when it counts.

For example... new player comes onto the server, and you're in game and greet them. Maybe even answering a few questions they might have. That's definitely getting involved but also being there when it counts.

Forums... same deal. People sometimes have questions, sometimes you see new players, sometimes funny threads, etc. Just join the fun and be there. The whole thing usually works both ways: hopefully you'll have some fun sharing your thoughts or whatever it is you're sharing whereas others might enjoy reading the whole thing. Win-win!

But the most important thing of them all: make sure that whatever you're going to do is also something you enjoy doing and which might make you happy.
    607 and mjnoe70 like this.
  6. As someone who is . . . uh . . . slightly involved with EMC as a whole, I usually recommend people start up/join outposts to really get into the server. You get to meet people, earn a bit of money from farms, and encounter a lot of what makes EMC unique in the form of custom mobs. But that's just my general advice, the real meat of it is down below.

EMC is pretty much my refuge, it's where I come to decompress and unwind. It's more than just the game to me, it's an active part of my life and has shaped who I am as a person by giving me a safe place to just relax and be myself.

That said, it's fine if EMC is just a part-time game to you that you log onto once every couple weeks. That's the beauty of this server, it can be countless different things to countless different people.

So my suggestion is to increase activity in the game and on the forums for one, maybe two weeks. At that point, evaluate exactly what this server is to you, and remember that there's no shame in it being as important or insignificant to you as you like. If it feels right, keep going, if you're bored to tears, space out your playtime; EMC doesn't have any one particular mold you should attempt to fit into as a player. It's so flexible that it's more what you'd like to make of EMC, not what EMC would like to make of you. As the motto goes:

"Play Your Way"
    607 likes this.
  7. So I'll agree to disagree with some of the things above. ...while I think for some the EMC world has moved to the forums, it is those peoples new direction to end up in the forums. I think there is much to be done and enjoyed in the online game but I'm only a bit over a year in to playing Minecraft and similar time on this server. If I have been here for 3+ years I may be changing toward more forum activity too. Also, the way I hear it, the Forums/web activity is different today than it used to be too. So I believe there may be less going on in the forums that is not related to EMC gaming than it used to be. This is my take on thing I have seen and read. This is not to judge if how it is used to day is good or bad. Please don't think I dislike the forums, as there is so much great information here and its a good part of EMC.

What I did like above is the idea to do what you enjoy. While it's possible you do like all of it, trying to be directed in the end may end up causing you to not be able to do what you really want to do, whatever that is. I do feel that there is more to EMC than most people can learn about, yet alone enjoy. I found out early for me it was either enjoy the wilderness, outposts and what that had to offer or become a city dweller and run a successful shop. They both really take lots of time and are enjoyable and with Minecraft and EMC, there is no wrong way to go.

Look forward to hearing from you in the forums and hopefully seeing you online. Have a good one and hope you find your EMC calling!
    607 likes this.