[Movement] Non-supporter command rights club (NSCRC)

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by nosnhojhtiek, Feb 13, 2016.

?

Is my opinion necessary?

Yes 10 vote(s) 43.5%
No 13 vote(s) 56.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm not saying EMC is unfair, it's a good server. I'm just petitioning a slight change. If you guys feel offended by my opinion, I can use the club HQ for something else.
  2. I don't think anyone feels offended, not even Aikar. I don't know him personally mind you, but something tells me that he wouldn't have bothered to comment if he were offended. However, I guess we all are a little surprised (myself at least and I guess the same applies to the rest). Heck; (slightly) negative criticism can have positive results too from time to time. No harm done; anyone should be able to speak their mind as long as its done in a normal non-insulting way and that's exactly what you did.

The main thing here is that we can all more or less agree a little bit, but we also know why supportership is kept in place, basically what Jack said above.

And trust me: I know where you're coming from. Right now I'm a gold supporter but that only lasts a month (I always use vouchers which you can even get / buy / earn in-game btw!). And I've also played plenty of times as regular player (and will soon do so again), where I sometimes seriously miss out on the option to chat in town while in the wastelands (there's another feature for you).

But its all simply stuff you can deal with... All (most?) players know that if you're white and in the waste then you probably don't hear town chat, so they need to /pm if they want to talk to you. Simple.

Something I missed in the thread so far and which I think is also very important to realize: if you gain perks from being a supporter and then it runs out again then you don't simply lose them! Got an extra res. (or two)? You keep 'm. Got 5 horses stowed in your /stable? They won't get magically teleported away. Added dozens of named teleport locations? You're still good ;)

And I think all of that results in players not agreeing with you. Sure; there is a bit of "you get a few extras if you're supporter" but we all know where its coming from and.... as seen above, it's also done in a friendly and honest way.

So even though I like chatting in the wastelands a lot I'm also perfectly fine with it being a supporter perk.

Just my 2 cents.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.