[EULA] Mojang Supporter Changes Discussion

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Gibabyte, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wisepsn and sambish20 like this.
  2. MrUnknownian and mba2012 like this.
  3. And it looks like they won't be allowing separate supporter ranks. I think aikar was looking into a system where you just picked the perks you want, so we shouldn't be too affected.
  4. Sort of. His plan was to allow you to earn credits AND buy credits for that. This post says you can't sell any in game currency of any kind, so unfortunately, credits can ONLY be an earned thing now.
    MrUnknownian and mba2012 like this.
  5. mba2012 likes this.
  6. sambish20 and IcecreamCow like this.
  7. Inspiration speech:

From what it looks like, Mojang is putting its foot down. We can fight all we want, but it will be hard to change them. Our best option is to simply be the best. Servers can accept donations, just not purchases. If we can be absolutely amazing, and attract a massive fan base, enough people will come and support us. We should look at this as a chance to grow and separate ourselves. We need to ensure everyone is welcome and feels like they have a part in this community. Who we are will not change. WE are EMC and WE will survive. We must embrace the new era of Minecraft servers and give users the greatest experience they can get. This will take the entire community working and helping. Let us not look at this as the end of Minecraft multiplayer, but the beginning of a new golden age of Empire Minecraft. A quote from Thisuri Wanniarachchi, “Life is at its best when everything has fallen out of place, and you decide that you're going to fight to get them right, not when everything is going your way and everyone is praising you.” Let us take this opportunity to make things right and grow to a new level or greatness.
    BevK56 and Admiral_D_929 like this.
  8. I don't care about the perks, I just want EMC to stay up. I will keep donating.
  9. I've worked some adjustments to the upgrade page removing the rupee bonus for now so that its not 'promised', but it will stay in effect for at LEAST 30 days. for anyone who paid for that perk.

Anyone who upgrades from here is doing so with the expectation of NOT receiving that perk, and we will not remove it until we've given formal notice it will be removed, once we evaluate its potential as a perk.

I however think we CAN sell rupees because they are not "unlocking" game features, but will give it a bit to see.

so its unknown for now.

TNT: Weve known this was the primary risk - For now, I think its safe to say the following changes will happen.

TNT Blocked on ALL Servers Except Utopia SOME DAY After the formal notification is sent.

Sometime soon (Even before notification is sent), gold will gain access to TNT On Utopia.
    Also, Free players will lose ALL access to Utopia. Previous supporters will maintain "legacy" access to town just as they have today.

We would love to give free the ability to "visit", but Mojang is kind of forcing this upon us. "Cant mix free and paying".

Flying in town will be given to Gold members on Utopia too.

As for Residences and the other supporter perks, I do not see them as an advantage over free players as it does not impact a free players ability to play Empire Minecraft.... and no plans to change them.

You are paying for the ability to utilize extra server resources.

I have some other ideas to change things around, and will post something more official when more things are set in stone.
  10. There goes my theme park...
    BevK56, DragaoNimhe and goreman2000 like this.
  11. Other than free players not being able to be on utopia, I am ok with these changes. Actually the free players not being on utopia thing is ok with me, but my step brother had diamond for 2 months. During this time he made his second res on utopia. Now he wont have access to go to one of his own res's. Also another player, HurferDurfer1,who is currently making a huge storage thing on his utopia res, which he will lose access to now.

I also dont love losing rupee bonus's. I am ok with this however.
  12. I think I might go crazy if I can't go to Utopia at all. I built a huge project there a short while ago and I will be super pissed if I'm unable to access it.
  13. I hate to be the bearer of bad news because it has already gotten me into trouble this week, but in the official blog posted by Owen earlier today, He states:
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  14. From the Mojang page...
    You cannot charge real-world cash for in-game currency
    We don’t mind in-game currencies which are earned through playing, but you are not allowed to sell them for real-world cash. Remember – if the stuff you sell affects gameplay, we’re not cool with it.
    -----

You are allowed to charge players to access your server
    So long as the fee is the same for all players, you are allowed to charge for access to your server. You are not allowed to split your playerbase into paying, and non-paying users, nor can you restrict gameplay elements to different tiers of player.
    But utopia town is free for everybody, and always has been!
    There is no 'gameplay' in 'town' server of Utopia.
    There is only visiting and seeing player creations!
    If they choose to participate in the 'gameplay elements' they can 'pay for access' (supporter).

Then there is that pesky 'fee is the same for all players' issue. Kind of ruins the whole iron/gold/diamond thing.
    *edit* there is also that persons 'tweet' saying that if you do not have to log off, to get onto a 'server' then it is considered all part of the same 'server', so I guess I am adding the direct address to utopia again!

Other thoughts: What of the players that 'were' diamond/gold and have a res located on Utopia? This would be the only 'weird' thing as if existing 'free' players have a res on the 'paid' server, then it can be argued that some 'free' players have gameplay while other 'free' players do not.
    Of course just like now, there can be a one time fee to get lifetime 'gameplay' access to a 'res' (as long as you do not go derelict) and then still retain the 'pay for access' server of the waste and wild.

Definition 'confrusion': What constitutes 'access' and 'gameplay elements'?
    sambish20 likes this.
  15. Why do you say that? +fly will be added soon on residences for parkours etc.., if it hasn't already.
  16. IDEA:
    What if you made the title: Former Supporter
    Basically when you get supporter this is what happens:
    You get one month of Supporter. After that month expires, you get the title Former Supporter. All former supporters get the ability to go on utopia, since they probably may have a res there.
    In game their name would be the normal white color. Then on the forums they would have the title Former Supporter.
  17. If this gets implemented, maybe we could add the supporter rupee bonus on the voting rupees, so while a regular member would get 300 rupees for voting, a diamond supporter would get 1600 for the same bonus.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.