Moderator Application [Updated February 17th, 2012]

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by GameKribJEREMY, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. good point superlegoboy6
  2. Applying Is Serious Don't Just Say Stuff Type It In Word's That Come From Your Heart Otherwise They Won't Want To Make You Moderator. :)
    AlexChance likes this.
  3. Thank You.
  4. thanks for another great point superlegoboy6
  5. Thank You Again Lol.
  6. I'm rather getting LegoBoy's saying...

"Never doubt yourself in anything you do just flow with the result"
    -Ecto
  7. Sorry but am I too late to apply? if Im not too late, then can you send me a link to the place I can send an application form? :p
  8. Please forgive me if I am wrong, but haven't you been banned EnderLandy, and if I'm not wrong, why on earth would you think you would be given a position of authority and responsibility, when you couldn't obey the rules as a player?

Oh, and the link to the application for moderators is in the first post in this thread.
  9. I'm younger than 18 as is Green_Mystery
    I wasn't a supporter prior to becoming a Moderator (Well, that isn't entirely true.)
    The_Drifter92 had been kicked prior to becoming a Moderator

Really, it is the quality of your time in the Empire that will dictate whether or not you are in the Moderator Pool.
    Tikiman678 likes this.
  10. i agree with this, im on like 10 to 12 hours a day, i see that most mods are online like 4 to 10 hours a day
  11. when he says quality of time it does not mean "spends a butt load of time". It means that you help the other players, warn and keep others under control. I try to spend at least 2 hours everyday on the servers. Just to see everyone. but sometimes i can go 2 or 3 days at a time without even seeing a computer. So if you were able to be on 24 hours a day for 7 days a week, it would not equal instant modship. Its all about the quality. the effect you have on the community.
    PiggzCanFly likes this.
  12. again, i agree. sometimes mods are AFK, sometimes they are helping. since we have a mass amount of mods, we can keep the servers under control easily.

i also hate going awhile without a computer :/
  13. ...Are you even reading our posts?
    It just seems like you read the first word and generalize what we say based on that.
    SillyMommaMoose and ISMOOCH like this.
  14. ...... ok then? i am reading your posts, i said i AGREE with them.

please, lets not start an argument on here :/
  15. There isn't a list per-say, but a quality moderators should all have is the ability to think and make good decisions. So it starts with you, you have to make the decision to send in an application, if you believe in your eyes that you have helped players regularly, kept players under control, and overall been useful as a player to the Empire, then by all means go ahead and apply, chances are Jeremy knows this about you already, but is waiting for an application from you to confirm his thoughts.

I believe there are no guidelines as it is up to the individual to make the decision to apply for a moderator position. :) Being a moderators means that you will always have to make vital decisions on whether to kick, ban or warn. The one vital decision moderators would ever make would be taking the initiative to apply for a moderators role.

Hope this helps you SillyMommaMoose :)

Have a great Christmas :)
  16. Past behavior is something which is taken into consideration when selecting appropriate mods I believe. Being kicked is no big deal and is more of a general wakeup call to stop doing whatever you are doing that is inappropriate in chat.
    Being banned is a bit more serious, and will be taken into consideration. A 3 hour ban just to cool down from an argument should not ruin your potential chances a great deal, but a 3 day ban may impede your chances, but it depends on the reason for the ban.
    As for the other prerequisites, age and supporter status are not essential when it comes to choice time, if you have been a helpful and considerate player, and have shown respect for others, you are in with a good chance when it comes time to select new members for the staff team.
    SillyMommaMoose likes this.
  17. As a suggestion, I think you should add two more spaces to this application.

Explain, in one sentence, how your being a moderator will help this server.
    Final Comments.

This is simply a suggestion as to what I would have liked to see on here.
    volker7 and JustinGuy like this.
  18. i agree, final comments would be useful if you needed to say something that there was no room or space for on the original
    BloodDisciple likes this.
  19. You do understand that this is a very tricky question, since the answer cannot be too concrete. It's also a broader reformulation of the last topic.
    In my opinion, the actual structure of the form allows a reader to get the general tone of an applicant as well as his perception of the function; those elements can be sufficient to guess the answer yourself.

Otherwise, I like the Final Comments idea, if made optional.
    PiggzCanFly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.