Misc Updates/Bug Fixes - 8/2/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Aug 2, 2015.

1. "Oops"? Did this happen at some point?
    Because that sounds hilarious.
    Awful. Evil. But hilarious.
  2. Which time? ... So yes
    607 likes this.
  3. Is the generate link button on LiveMap new? I was looking for something like that (literally) a few hours before you updated.
    607, cadgamer101 and Gawadrolt like this.
  4. omg that is awesome!! yes it is new :D
    cadgamer101 likes this.
  5. Kind of. The ability to go directly to a location on the map, is not new. Just the link part.
    cadgamer101 and Gawadrolt like this.
  6. Exactly!

Plus if you really want to know who is ignoring you just pay attention to who replies to your comments in chat. Also, people can just mentally ignore a person, never typing /ignore. There is no way to determine that type of intentional ignoring with 100% accuracy.

As much of a community as we are, not everyone will be friends. Some might even actually dislike each other despite both abiding by the rules. /ignore helps people manage those interactions too.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  7. Awesome! Thanks so much Aikar! :D

Poor 607 :p
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  8. oops forgot to add that to the notes, yes the "create link to this location" is new as of this update. It's been a feature of dynmap for ages, but our config file was made before it was added, so it never got added to the config file.

I went over the new config file looking for stuff to add to ours and settings.
    607, cadgamer101 and Gawadrolt like this.
  9. How about a number of people, but not names? I agree it'd be bad to give a list of people, but.no harm can come from just having a number.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  10. What would be the point? Are you holding an unpopularity contest?
    "I'm ignored by more people than you!" It's not meant to be a litmus test for how disliked you are.

There is literally no good reason I can think of where this would be useful.
    krysyyjane9191, Damiensmom11 and 607 like this.
  11. With that kind of attitude I'm sure you are :p lol Curiosity though. Most of the stats, including texp serve little real purpose than to satisfy curiosity. Sure we attached some competition to the texp stat but actually seeing it serves no more purpose than vanity/curiosity which the rankings is just an extension of.
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  12. Har har. Touche sir. ;)
    Except that things like TEXP are measures of progress, and show a positive gain for something. Being ignored by X number of people? There's nothing positive to be gained from that, any more than there is from knowing who those people are.
    607 and Gawadrolt like this.
  13. Purely curiosity.
  14. If the system could display the number of people who have ignored you on the server you are currently on (and the number total for curiosity's sake), it could be helpful when choosing a server to move to lol:p
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  15. im not so sure on displaying a count. and plus we dont have a direct concept of "home servers" really unless we decide it as has a residence on that server.

Though, one thing I think could be beneficial is when 2+ people have ignored someone in a short period of time to send a warning to the user "Multiple people are now ignoring you. Please evaluate your chat messages and ensure they are following the rules and not annoying to other users, strive to be a well liked member of the community!"
    ScrOcraft, Gawadrolt and jkjkjk182 like this.
  16. *puts troll mask on* ;)
  17. Ewww can't i just be the hermit in the wild? lol. It's an idea though. btw, where this started: the ignore list reset thing thread, I informed you that I have now had to "reinstall" my ignore list five times. :(

*starts developing the troll b' gone spray that will save us all from such pests* :p
    PenguinDJ likes this.
  18. yeah thats how I knew there was a bug, I accidently tab completed the code to the wrong value and didn't catch it.
  19. Next we'll have a leaderboard with how many temp bans you've got... :rolleyes:
    Kephras and jkjkjk182 like this.
  20. So the first time I replied to this thread I guess I just clicked Jp's reply and didn't actually read the OP. So I'm here to demand. WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? I have seriously added the same people that I have had on ignore almost since I have been on EMC as soon as you cleared the ignore list, then again, then again, then again. I really really don't want to add them back to it again a month from now, or a month from then, or a month from then, or a month from then. Even this post is starting to annoy me. /ignore post 40/ignore post 40/ignore post 40/ignore post 40/ignore post 40/ignore post 40/ignore post 40/ignore post 40/ignore post 40/ignore post 40/ignore post 40/ignore post 40 there now I won't have to listen to this again for a year...

Edit: when you get trolled by the devs. Anyone wanna make a meme?