[Misc] Music Thread

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Roslyn, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Found myself another great artist, for the other Jazzfans out here :)
  2. I fell like I'm the only jazzfellar here... annyways, there is a amazing song I found, original my Tom Waits, Diana Krall, temptation.
  3. There's quite a bit of jazz in a video game soundtrack I really like.
    Like this track, for example.
    KingGeorge4th likes this.
  4. That's not just a bit of jazz, that's just plain awesomeness :)
    607 likes this.
  5. Because why not.

Found this today, and I'm still trying to figure out what I think of it.
    ShelLuser and fluffinator09 like this.

6. They ask me why I'm bringin'
    A baby into battle
    "Thats really irresponsible"
    And getting them rattled
    I say "Give me a break
    Get off my back dammit"
    I didn't learn parenting
    My daddy was a planet
  7. Not a single song, but a full album

Released in 1982, Peter Gabriel's 4th album started bringing his experimental rock music more into contact with world music, as well as pop music. The result was something completely different from nearly every album out there at the time, as well as today. Just take a listen for yourself.
    607 likes this.
  8. I
    I just listened to the firts three songs, and I actually really like that :)
    It, for me, kind of sounded like Morphine and Hardkandy, but re-listening that that was a irational thought. But, since you said " completely different from nearly every album out there" I wanted to find a Album that kind of sounds like this one, and I think I found one :p Actually from a suprising corner of my mind... Top-rockartist Sting has made an album covering his own songs in a kind off jazzy way, The full album is at Spotify, but here is the song I like best: (I know, the last part actually is quite jazzy, just forgat that part :p )

Also, so, you like experimental rock, hu? Well,I'm myself a huge fan of experimental music, and I actually know another artist that makes music you might actually like, it's only way more complicated and Bass-heavy (like about all of my music...) so it doesn't give the same feel as that album, but, for some reason, I do think you'd like it: (don't mind the intro)
  9. I really like these songs by Hey Violet...

...and these by Transviolet

Probably some mature lyrics..
    synth_apparition likes this.

10. I hate myself for not listening to this before today. It's not what I expected out of The Killers, for sure, but damn this is still exactly the type of song I love. USDA certified lean.

In love with this too.

More stuff I'm into atm: 'Hook, Line, and Sinker' by Royal Blood, 'You & Me' and 'Alive' by The Hunna, the entire 'Melodrama' album by Lorde, 'Rise Up' by Imagine Dragons (couldn't care any less for the rest of their new stuff though), and 'Wall of Glass' by Liam Gallagher.

I'd post some grime but I prefer not having stuff out of my post removed. :rolleyes:
  11. Here's one more from me.
    mjnoe70 likes this.

12. Google English lyrics if you want them. Song doesn't sound right when it's sung in them though lol.
  13. Y'all need to METAL UP:

As per usual, explicit lyrics, but no one cares about that, right?
  14. No, no, no, no, no... No metal here...
    Let's jazz it up a little...

(sentimental?)

(In my oppinion one of the best songs ever written...)