Misc Bug Fixes and new Feature - 10/8/15

Discussion in 'Empire Updates' started by Aikar, Oct 8, 2015.

1. You ninja'd me. I was going to do that =P
  2. I'm not complaining, just mentioning that lately I've noticed that Momentus is very strong. I lowered my difficulty to 5 and Momentus was killing me instantly with voters armor on (same at every level I tried up to 8). This is probably intentional and a good thing.

Going to test this out on Marlix next time I see him, I wouldn't be surprised if his arrows kill me quicker now whereas before I couldn't get him to kill me if I tried.
  3. Can the next update change the PS layout? This isn't the best. :I

All in all, I like it. Thanks, Aikar.
    Rhythmically and AyanamiKun like this.
  4. The more things we add, the more space that takes and to make it in-game interactive it has to be in chat at this time. Trust me, it bothers me just as much as anyone else and a prettier version will likely arrive at some point or another.
    Or Aikar might start losing limbs...
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  5. Great batch of improvements! Clean up is so undervalued, but this is all pretty important stuff.

On the last one, I personally remember how hard it was to do anything to fix/figure out issues with Mojang code. Great work on whatever that was.

On the topic of better organizing the /ps menu, a separate chat settings menu would simplify things quite a bit, but I don't really mind how it is now for as often as I use it.
  6. lol marlix was moving so fast that it was easier to avoid him by afking and letting him shoot you out of his range. now this should change that a bit. ive fought momentus once since the change and havent noticed a difference but he may have been spawned on the previous coding so idk
  7. Why not add an option to make a Chest version with blocks just like the way the /promo works? So then you can do either way?
    SkareCboi and DoctorMadFate like this.
  8. Yes a thousand times yes why has this not been done ?
  9. Great work Aikar/developer team! :)
  10. Keep in mind I said 'at this time' =P
    It's being prettified, but it's not an instant 'wham, bam, thank you ma'am' situation and they have to make special code for it. The closest example of something chest GUI and interactive we've done was the /res cset. I'm sure Aikar wants to ensure functionality remains with whatever pretty option he focuses on.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  11. I tried out the new notifications setting, and I like it. However, can we add an option to make the notifications pop up both in chat AND by the hotbar? I like reading them there in the hotbar but I also would like to be able to look in the chat for reference.
  12. Marlix are still buged my friend an i were in the waste and a marlix spawned for both of us at the same time but i killed them both while my friend hid.
  13. I've been trying this one out this evening and I already love it!

Up until now I always kept status messages off (/ch status off) because these distracted me way too much. And I also didn't like that sometimes (especially during slow hours) those status updates can risk to derail a slower chat. If there are 2 - 3 minutes between responses then join/part messages can ruin it. Fortunately most of my friends have already gotten used to me not seeing them connect (or disconnect) so that's good ;)

But yeah... this is awesome. You can keep up to date with joins/parts yet without having it clutter up the chat. You don't always see everything (when the chat log is open for example) but that's more than fine with me. At least you'll see that something has happened ;)

This one is really useful, I didn't expect to like it but I really do!
  14. We'll see about chest UI. Somethings making me think that I knew of a problem with that idea in the past...

But a first step we need to do is simply grouping settings and render them by group for readability.

Mini Bosses are by design meant to be killed with Diamond/Enchanted Armor :p

Voters armor is meant for killing basic/enraged only.
  15. Now this explains why my last Marlix was mopping the floor up with me and why I needed so many arrows to kill it. But if the speed is reduced then it's worth it.
  16. Love the new status bar as I'm a shop keeper and people spam my shop which makes the chat fill up like crazy...