Minimum Rupee Balance For Shop Owners

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by azoundria, Nov 14, 2016.

?

Do you want to see this implemented?

Absolutely! 16 vote(s) 51.6%
Yes 8 vote(s) 25.8%
Don't care. 2 vote(s) 6.5%
No 4 vote(s) 12.9%
Never! 1 vote(s) 3.2%
  1. Hi all,

Lately, a number of shop owners have been complaining about bulk selling. This is an issue because it places shop owners in a position where they have no spending money. In this position, they can't do anything to replace out-of-stock items, can't reserve rupees for auctions, can't save up for things they like or need. Having a zero-rupee balance sucks.

If you have multiple accounts, like me, you can put money in another account to save it up.

However, a single-account player can't do this, which places them at a real disadvantage.

Ordinarily, the shop system doesn't let a player's balance drop below zero. I am proposing a feature that lets a player or shop owner set the minimum rupee balance. Rather than 0, they could set it to, for example 10,000r.

Everything works the same as present, except instead of 0, if a player tries to sell them an item and it would bring their balance below the minimum balance, the player would receive the same indication as if they were out of rupees.

For example, if I set the minimum balance to 20,000, and I have 30,000 rupees in my account, I can only be sold up to 10,000r worth of items. After that, the seller will receive 'Shop owner is out of rupees.' At that point, I may lower the buy price of the bulk-sold item, and lower the minimum balance to 15,000 rupees, so I can, once again, allow players to sell items to my shop.

If I bid on an auction or have to pay a supplier, I can increase the minimum balance temporarily to ensure I wont lose that money between now and when I have to pay for things.

Every player would start with a default minimum of 0, so the behaviour is the exact same as it is presently unless they decide to use the feature.
    mba2012, Vortixin, UltiPig and 9 others like this.
  2. +1
    Tuqueque likes this.
  3. YES YES YES YES YES YES YES

I did really have problems with this when I was still a single-accound player, I tried about everything, but I wasn't able to make it work well. There, or corse, have been suggestions like this before, but I defenetly think that this will work, since those others all had a benefit, this one doesn't seem to have one, maybe someone else sees one...
    Tuqueque and TomvanWijnen like this.
  4. Just by the title I was like "wth," and as I moved through the post I was like "holy crap"

+1
    Tuqueque likes this.
  5. Sounds awesome +100
    Tuqueque likes this.
  6. Yes. So much yes. Even as someone with multiple account, this would be amazing for when I officially open "my" shop. :)
    Gawadrolt and Tuqueque like this.
  7. if able to be implemented, i think this sounds pretty awesome! and definitely helpful for a lot of shop / mall owners who want to do buy/sell without having their money drained.

+1 from me :)
    BlueBirb007 and Tuqueque like this.
  8. Yes. So much yes. Even as someone with multiple account, this would be amazing for when I officially open "my" shop. :)
  9. Is there a way to maybe run a script with a command that examines your shop chests? It'd scan for empty space on all chests with shop signs with your name on them. Itd just do a little math from the shop signs to determine how many rupees you need to fulfill 100% shop capacity. Then shop owners could plan around that.
    finch_rocks_1 likes this.
  10. I noticed 3 people disagreed in the voting, and was curious if anyone would care to elaborate on their reasoning.=
    You probably could make a mod to do that, or a simple Excel spreadsheet. But it's a bad idea.

If a shop on your residence is overflowing with items, that means one of two things. Either you could have paid less for the item, or (if you have also been selling out) you don't have enough shelf space and should expand your shelf space.

If your plan is to have every chest on your residence overflowed with items:
    1) You'd have to pay a higher price than you reasonably should for the item,
    2) Nobody could sell to you except the few items that others have recently bought,
    3) All your cash is tied up in items and you can't do anything with it, and
    4) You're really vulnerable to market price drops.

Unless the purpose of your shop is specifically to accumulate or get rid of items, the optimal strategy is to have your inventory levels at the midpoint, which gives you the maximum visibility into price increases/drops and ensures customers can both buy and/or sell to you for the longest period of time.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  11. +1

one way to prevent bulk sell is 2 fill up ur chests with other stuff like dirt but ofc that doesnt help if the items can stack ^.^
  12. I have seen a "cure" to this problem proposed many times, usually in the form of seperate shop transaction accounts or something of that nature. I think this is probably the best solution(as far as being least invasive and drastic of a chenge) suggested so far. +1 good sir. From here forth you will be deemed the problem solver... assuming that aikar and/or chickeneer actually implements this since it seems like it would be very easy to do and would keep them from getting suggestions on this same subject every few weeks :D
  13. i see where you are coming from with that ! and it is a helpful, somewhat temporary solution. only issue is, some people own multi-item malls / shops, and some people just go around bulk selling random stuff / trying to get rid of stuff ( which i, myself, will admit to having done ). so most people / shop owners wouldn't want all of their chests filled with dirt until the had the money to make the space again. with a minimum eupee balance, the trick likely wouldn't be needed much, except in the case that a shop owner only wants a certain amount / stacks of an item to be sold. basically so that they'll have that certain item / those stacks of items for the reasoning of having that amount, rather than doing it to save some of their money.

i get where you are coming from with that though !! just figured i'd reply to it bc some might think it's a better solution to just do that, but something like the suggestion, if it were possible to be added, would save a lot of time and struggle :)
    AyanamiKun likes this.
  14. Elegant solution, or so it seems. +1
  15. of course! i get what you mean by that, and that's pretty much what i meant when i said "except in the case that a shop owner only wants a certain amount / stacks of an item to be sold", so you'd fill dirt until you had what seemed like a good amount of space.

but yeah, i get where you are going with that. and again, i support the idea, it'd be useful and helpful in many ways / for many reasons :).
  16. As I'm not a shop owner, I don't have any reason to use this, but I can see reasons why this would benefit other people. If they still wanted to increase their profits from the shop, they could just keep increasing their minimum rupee amount. I don't see any loss here.