Minecraft, The Movie

Discussion in 'General Minecraft Discussion' started by Ritunn, Jul 8, 2016.

?

Minecraft the Movie, a bad ideas?

Yes... 23 vote(s) 71.9%
No Way! 9 vote(s) 28.1%
  1. Assassin's Creed looks aight. I'm not expecting anything too amazing, just what the games have brought me: action, some history facts (I blame AC for my addiction to history and it's the reason why I chose it as a GCSE subject lol), an interesting historical setting (already done with the Spanish Inquisition), and some cool characters.
    Not even gonna lie, this would make me play Minecraft more.

By play Minecraft I mean capture Bugs Bunny, take him to my single player Sauron tower, lock him away, and continously throw myself off it so I can hear the pigs.
    Patr1cV and Hashhog like this.
  2. Being the cynic that I am I will say that the first thing which sprung to mind was: "The search for more money", because that's eventually what it is.

I do think it's a bad idea, but as many others said above I don't think it has to end bad. There's dozens of fan based stuff out there, from Youtube to fanfiction and such and some of it can be quite entertaining. So if they play their cards right we might end up with an enjoyable movie which may even spark other players interest in the game.

As to Herobrine: I have to agree. But in all honesty: Mojang has been trying hard to remove him time and time again and he keeps coming back :p So obviously he's a big issue for Minecraft :D
    Patr1cV, 607 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  3. I really think either this will turn out to be a good movie or a absolute fail.
  4. Why? I think the chance of it being mediocre or decent is there too. Because Minecraft doesn't seem too fit for a movie based on it but Warner Bros. will surely at least try.
  5. the movie will have real persons?
    ShelLuser and TromboneSteve like this.

6. ShelLuser and Eviltoade like this.
  7. Actually I don't know how many of you know this but there is actually a Minecraft based book series that goes by the name of The Elementia Chronicles, never read it, but there seems to be lots of materiel written by fans to take from.
    What I really think the story will go is that you got a guy setting off to kill the Ender Dragon or something. An awesome ending would be needed with a battle like this.

But yet again like many of you have said there is many things they can take ideas from, with many animations out there, though I think the one that would work best is the music video series from CaptainSparklez.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-sH53vXP2A
    But that's just my opinion.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. I don't care what the critics say, I'm just glad that they finally got around to doing one. I'm guessing that Steve will be the main character, and he'll probably meet Alex along the way.
    There are lots of fantasies I have as to the movie's plot, but I don't want to get my hopes up, and get something completely different. My speculations will start when the trailers do.
    I am curious how the graphics will look, though. 2D or 3D animation? I would prefer 3D, for sure, and what with the way Minecraft is, it'll probably be 3D. But will the players be blocky or human? or something else entirely? As for the mobs, well, I don't even know.
    As for actors, I think I heard somewhere that Syndacite will be voicing someone. Makes me wonder if any other YouTubers will be in on it.
  9. this is fine
  10. This is good for minecraft. Question we should consider -- what Minecraft changes might be planned to coincide with the movie release to take advantage of the publicity?
  11. Do we know whether it'll be live-action or animation?
  12. It'll be animation, first person, of someone trying to find diamonds for two hours. In real time.
    Eviltoade and TromboneSteve like this.
  13. Please no. ;-;
    TromboneSteve likes this.
  14. I feel like this is going to be yet another thing that every 9 year old ever is going to want to see regardless of how terrible it is and their parents are going to highly regret allowing them to get into Minecraft.
    ShelLuser, TromboneSteve and 607 like this.
  15. Yup, and that's why I think it is in fact a good idea!
    ShelLuser and xHaro_Der like this.