Midnight Miners

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by IceQueenDawn, Aug 28, 2015.

1. What can i say, hmm, 1 word: Golems!
    Took alot of work by a few players, but they manage to instantly flood the place with snow golems!
    Much fun, thank you for everyone who came, hope you all had as much fun as I did.
    Here are the usual photos, and as a treat, a youtube clip walking around the golem infested midnight miners.

There was alot more screen shots i wanted to share, like the Trailer, the awsum castle , the nice dirt path, certified anti-golem fence, community farm, and so many builds, pathways but couldnt really fit them all.

The walkaround:

Group shot! Sadly _Cave_Johnson was unable to make it to the group photo.

Insta Golems!

I just liked this kitchen by thatsillyjohnkid

area shot

another area shot looking towards meadmakers build and path
  2. Is this still going on tonight?
  3. G'day, sorry about the last event, i wasnt able to make it, but thanks Barada67 who drop everything at the last minute to get it done.
    Ill be here this sat night with all us midnight miners to have another crack at it, c u there.
  4. Wait, so is this tonight or not?
  5. yes (i forgot to put it on front page :rolleyes:}
  6. You wouldnt have noticed, but I was doing alot of laughing during that event, was fun. thank you everyone for that! oh and thanks for filling my inventory with items too! I will treasure those and put them on my wall for display.
    Gave away another cavie head at this event, a well as a stack of emeralds, and some diamonds.
    Also thanks to meadmaker who made us the rail system.
    Here are the pics:

Before the Event:

During the event:

A tower... and who needs ladders? (you would have to had been there to know what I mean) lol

the area:

Someone snuck in on a private photo shot (whos that on the right?)...

Its a tent, I just liked it (strong tent with a panda on top)

One of these people got themselves a cavie head!

Hope to see you all at the next one in 2 weeks!
  7. Todays midnight miners was held on SMP8, on a flower island. The tunnel to get to it was quite long, probably the longest ive ever made for MM events! so to save ya legs from wearing out, I built a rail system to get there.
    The flower bio-me was very nice, and peoples build complimented the area well.
    1 cavie head was won and 3 vault vouchers as well as many gold blocks etc.
    Thanks to JDHallows for helping direct traffic at the start, I was expecting some confusion with the rail system, but all went well.
    Many ppl were there, all the usual's (you know who you are!), and a few others that we dont normally see. Thanks everyone for a great event.
    Please note; we are not so evil at MM to have an invisible parkour!

As normal, here are the photos & a vid:

One of these people took away a rare cavie head

The view from my little house

Kat taking me for a cruise around the area, whilst i sat back and she did all the work :)

Just a nice view of the start/center area
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  8. Thank you everyone who came along, we held it in SMP7 this time, a nice thick forest area with a river running down the middle.
    Sadly, I had to leave 1 1/2 hrs into to due to lag (think the hamster fell off the wheel thats powering my internet).
    But we had fun!

here are the pics:

9. Me and my babies enjoyed this miner mania :)
    SkeleTin007 and iamcavie like this.
  10. yes we did <3
    SkeleTin007, FallenLady and iamcavie like this.
  11. Gday all, sadly i wont be able to host Midnight miners this weekend (Sat 3rd Sept 11.55pm EMC).

But, thats not saying it wont happen, our Events co-ordinator (Dramanya) is very busy at the moment trying to find/Convince/payoff/threaten/force/beat-senselessly another staff member to take over for that night.

-iamcavie
    SkeleTin007 likes this.
  12. SkeleTin007 likes this.
  13. I wish I could make one, but I hope to do some near the future
    And possibly get a Cavie head someday :p
    iamcavie likes this.
  14. Gday all,
    Thanks barada for hosting the previous MidnightMiners for me, as I was unable to make it.

This week was a nice natural biome, ice capped mountains nearby and surrounded by rivers.
    We had lots of iron golems wandering around, a cake house! (soo wanted to eat some of it - dam anti greif, lol).
    Some very nice builds, and wonderful pathways that matched the landscape, thanks randmbumblebee and others who did that.Nice builds, good times awsum group buff, and lots of laughs.
    Oh and no cavie heads given out this time, but you never know when it might happen!

Heres a shot of the midnight miners:

Hmmmm cake:

Caught this golem taking a selfy:

Some of the builds:

Hope to see you all again in 2 weeks.
  15. Right before we left for some mining.

Scored some diamonds at Midnight Miners....

My Humble Fort before I logged off.
  16. MidnightMiners this time was in a small valley surrounded by mountains.
    Nice little area, I was curious what people would do with the place, and wasn't disappointed!
    Gave out another cavie head (still very rare, less than 10 are out there) a stack of diamonds, gold, iron blocks, 2 vault vouchers, etc. Gratz to everyone who got something (hope u all did).

Here are the pics:

Thank you everyone for the fun.
    See you all in 2 weeks :)
  17. Todays midnight miners was on a large island. Access was (as usual) via a long tunnel, this one went down to level 5, took a long time to dig through all the lava down there!
    Lots of nice builds again, heaps of animals and Pumpkins.
    Randombumblebee ensured no one went without a bed, as she supplied about 50 for the event, but Sadly Skittish lost his innocence today :(

Here are the pics:

Oh, and I only just realised, been hosting midnight miners for over a year now!
    See you all in 2 weeks.
    SkeleTin007 and jossytheninja like this.
  18. Midnight Miners was held on SMP9 today.
    As it was Halloween, wanted to do somthing a little different, so the tunnel to miners was extra wide, with cobwebs and jack-o-lanterns, was also paved with Packed ice. Boats were supplied; Boats travel extremely fast over packed ice! Was fun.
    Bit of a shame that miners was close to spawn, but extended to tunnel around bit to make it longer and the extra turns added.
    The event, building and mining as usual, lots of golems, with snow golems that seem to enjoy boating and an iron golem that was (we assume) dancing, or trying to break the record for the amount of spin he can do. Oh, and a giant sheep!
    Yes we had give-aways today. 1x iamcavie head, 1x Godbow (named midnight miners), half a dozen halloween candy's and a stack of diamonds.

All in all, another great event.

Pics below & a dancing golem:

Have a great Halloween! and see yas back in 2 weeks!
  19. Aww I didn't get in any
  20. Forgot to post my screenies of Gage's and my build.

iamcavie and Gage9942 like this.