Midnight Miners

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by IceQueenDawn, Aug 28, 2015.

1. We had a nice little island this time, not far from an outpost, but connected by long tunnel as per normal.
    Found a mine under us, and a guardian temple right next to the island. Oh and many many enchanted creepers payed us a visit!
    Some awsum builds (like Cami's & Megs house above) and some silly ones also (like mine) well its miners all builds welcome!

thank you all for coming along, pics below:

Sachrock likes this.
  2. MM tonight is MnM's! Well, its the Chocolate Edition in any case. We'll be returning to the clay zone and I'm hoping someone will take home the chocolates!

So the winner of this Easter challenge will be taking home one Spooky Egg and a personalized book signed by yours truly. (Oh, and 25k!)

So your Easter Challenge is to build Eggs. Big eggs, little eggs, colorful eggs. However anything else Easter-related (and non-religious) will be accepted. So a chocolate house? We'll be in a mesa again (finally a use for that brown clay) so I've planted some dark oak for even more chocolatey goodness.
  3. I will probably be attending! Been Awhile!
  4. SMP3, Waste West, go east down the tunnel and take the Orange Clay and Cobble stairs.
  5. Well we were back in the mesa but it was a quiet night and only had a few competitors. Joint winners were MegsMinecraft and cam7051. Great job guys!

Cam's chocolate keg factory sprung a leak and we all feasted on the oozing chocolate.

And Meg's bunnies made a break for it (with assistance) from the chocolate log house.

Thanks for coming along.
    iamcavie and MegsMinecraft like this.
  6. Miraculous Ladybug skin theme for tonight Midnight Miners as chosen by Awesomeshepherd~! As usual we did our screenshots. :)

(Wyntyrraevyn as Cat Noir, Awesomeshepherd as Ladybug, and yours truly as Volpina.)

We also got photobombed! But it was funny and nice to have a larger group picture. :D
  7. Today's midnight miners was underground, at a level of 11. We did have 1 tree and some saplings at least.
    Was quite an interesting event not a very big crowd, but still had fun - we had some mass furnace problems, and then some iron golem's which were good until they got hit, then all went to shambles.
    We also had some renovations done, and when I had left, our cavern looked quite good, rustic.
    Was good, thanks everyone for coming, all the new people and the usual's (and of course John he's nearly always there!)

The Before shot:

After 2hrs of miners:

View from my Balcony:

Cams feet:
    WyntyrRaevyn and jossytheninja like this.
  8. Heyo! Its my iron golem hoard! Next time don't hit them guys! XD
    SkeleTin007 and iamcavie like this.
  9. Never tried this, but it sounds like a blast !!!
    iamcavie and jossytheninja like this.
  10. Brand new wastes, same old plan - TEAR IT ALL DOWN!

And maybe build something nice.

Tonight (13th May) we'll be amongst the tall timber of SMP9. Bring your axes and see you there.
  11. So, how many had to Google "fortnightly"? :p

12. burning dog edition - bark eternal, shiny and orange

outpost with some nice places to stay
  13. You'll get an edumacation coming to EMC. I didn't even realise (nor Cavie I imagine) that you foreigners don't use the term and it's another brit/commonwealth usage.

Fourteen nights. Fortnight

Bi-weekly should probably mean every 2 weeks but could also be confused for twice weekly or even twice per week such is the mongrel language we share. Bi-monthly though only has the feeling of every two months to me. Fascinating!

I do think fortnight is a much easier term to understand.
  14. Never even occurred to me that 'fortnight' isnt universal. Learn something every day :)

good catch.
    jossytheninja likes this.
  15. Not to worry gentlemen, I knew what you meant - it used to be a part of the lingo here, too. We "older" folks just find it humorous when the "kids" have to Google every other word we say! :confused:
    iamcavie likes this.
  16. Slvr has joined the midnight miners hosting team! Please dont break her :)
  17. Break me?! Never!!

Seriously though, I had a lot of fun tonight guys. Thanks for coming out and I hope you all had fun too! I just have to say though, had that houseboat contest been based on cleverness and not skill in building...

...MrCDub would have had you all beat. :p

At any rate, we had a fun houseboat/boat themed contest. All the builds were interesting and pretty well made given I did have a rather restricting time constraint, hehe. I'm happy with how they turned out.

MegsMinecraft/Rhythmically came in 1st for 15k rupees and a renamed head of mine, Reos_J_Snoozer came in 2nd for 10k rupees, and Eviltoade came in 3rd for 5k rupees.

Can't wait to host again all. :D
  18. *grumblegrumblegrumble*
  19. from May 27-28, 2017

< to the left

to the right >

from the other side!
    Slvr and jossytheninja like this.
  20. Didn't get many screenshots but the one i did get was pretty good...at least I think so :p
    Slvr likes this.