Midnight Miners

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by IceQueenDawn, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Fishy in her natural habitat!
    _Devil__ and jossytheninja like this.
  2. *pokes thread*
  3. Todays Midnight miners was at a collection of small islands (archipelago) all in a jungle biome! Nice area!
    Yes, a few parrots were found, caught and found shoulders to sit on.
    Thank you all who came along, was good.
    As usual; here are the pics:

4. Parrot dance party!

And a path was laid out to the island...
  5. I forgot to Build a house, so I made a floor
    Reos_J_Snoozer and SkeleTin007 like this.
  6. So this time we built a nice rest stop by an end portal...
    SkeleTin007 and iamcavie like this.
  7. Hey Latenighters and Welcome to A Gaudy Nightmare!

This week will be a build contest with a 1.12 theme. You can only use concrete and terracotta and NO DECO HEADS!

The winner of this contest must finish their build in the allotted time (judging starts at 2am).

We'll be in a desert/mesa on SMP9 with plenty of water nearby for gravel so grab your set squares and plumb lines and join us at midnight.

Edit:

Prizes!
    1st: One Bara Head (Should be all you want!) and one Infimending God Bow (80k in the last auction I saw)
    2nd: Mineral Mincer
    3rd: 10K ruppez
  8. Soo quick question... is wood and stone allowed as details/embellishments as long as 90%-95% of the build is the required blocks?
    Reos_J_Snoozer likes this.
  9. What about doors, stairs, glass, chests, beds?
    Paintings, banners, flower pots?
    Super strict 100% concrete and terracotta or like what WyntyrRaevyn said?
  10. Tacky and Tasteless. The only "blocks" allowed are the concrete, terracotta and glazed terracotta. No wood planks but you can use wooden slabs (can't be double slabs)

Yes to all those decorations (but not heads except your own if you want to decapitate yourself). Stairs are annoying, no new ones.

In the end you will be judged on the Tasteless Terracotta criteria. The more of that you have in the build the more likely you are to win.

Do ask for more clarification if needed.
  11. So stairs are out too oh joys -rethinks design- you are truly evil this night bara evil I say :p
  12. Oh, no, stairs are ok. I meant the new blocks don't have them so go ahead and use whichever stairs you have to.
  13. Ooh I get it now
  14. Woah, I may actually go to this one! It will be one of my alts though.

I wonder what I should build...
  15. I'd rather have the mineral mincer...
  16. Welp, my internet went down . It was fun while it lasted
  17. But how can glazed terracotta ever be tacky and tasteless? They're always a slick blend of delicious colors! :cool:
  18. Thanks all for coming along.

Some pics from this MM, 22/23 July. SMP9, Waste C, SE about 500 blocks.

1st Prize winner of the Tacky Terracotta was undoubtedly this beauty by Reos_J_Snoozer. The King of Tacky in no uncertain terms. I felt like my 70's childhood had returned. For this monstrosity he is awarded a Flame II Infimending God Bow and the tackiest of prizes, my head.

Next up, The Tacky Tower by Wyntyr and crew. A Mineral Mincer will be on its way to this coven of tackiness. A fairly atrocious attempt to make something decent, it failed, thereby winning 2nd prize. Notice the symmetry, the long lines and severe lack of clash between blocks.

And in 3rd Place we have what started out inappropriate but quickly changed to almost stylish, the Temple of Tackiness. Here is the appalling floor inside. Notice the elegant windows and roofing, far too stylish for this competition. ParodyMaster6 started well but then failed to keep up the lack of tack.

Honourable mentions go to TomSawyer and Sefl. Tom in particular came in with a late design (after judging) that he should have led with. In part it is my fault for not fully explaining just how terrible I wanted the designs to be. Tom proved he had the ability to throw style out the window even while keeping a design symmetric.

Thanks again all, see you in 6 weeks!
  19. I've been hosting Midnight miners for over one and a half years, and its time for me to take a break, but I know Im leaving MM in the very good hands of Bara and Slvr, they will be continuing it without me.

So, join me at midnight (EMC time) for one last miners with cavie, and this time there will be some giveaways during the event, including a couple of cavie heads.
    But most importantly, lets do some digging/building and have fun!
  20. Are you going to break your tradition and host a build contest this time? :eek: