Midnight Miners

Discussion in 'Empire Events' started by IceQueenDawn, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Naa, no build contest from me. Mainly because I have too much difficulty choosing, you guys build some great stuff out there!
    ThaKloned likes this.
  2. Thanks again cavie :) (And for the Turkey Slicer :p)
    Some pics of my house:

And of course another glitched nether portal and another fall into lava :D
    Reos_J_Snoozer and UltiPig like this.
  3. Well, thats it.
    That was my last Midnight miner. I hand it over to Slv nd Bara now (and maybe other mods).
    Its been fun!
    Thank you to everyone who has turned up to the miners over the last one and a half years, and to all the people who have walked away with a rare iamcavie head!
    Hope you enjoyed the ice tunnel and boats! (used up all my packed ice, ill be back for it after a week or so) -

Thanks to Callum and others who also gave away items at this event - I think everyone walked away with some great stuff!

As this was the last one, alot of items were given out;
    3 stacks of diamonds
    1 stack of diamond ore
    1 stack of diamond blocks
    1 stack of god apples
    1 stack of gold blocks
    1 prancer egg
    1 Turkey Slicer
    1 Liberty sword
    2 Iamcavie heads
    4 Vault vouchers
    4 Stable vouchers
    1 dragon head
    6 dragon stones
    and more

Now some MM (sorta) secrets:
    • Midnight mines, although midnight EMC time, its on my Sunday afternoon (around 2 to 4pm depending upon daylight savings)
    • It took between 5 to 7 hrs to prepare - build the tunnel each time I hosted.
    • Occasionally Iamkhatru would help me build the tunnel (including todays) - still took over 5hrs.
    • And the tunnel was always built a few days before the event, on my Friday night (I generally borrowed one on my family's characters so you wouldn't see me building it!)
    • It was actually tricky building each tunnel and hiding it from you until the start of the event, only once did someone discover the tunnel (back in 2015). they griefed it, so wasnt around long afterwards.
    • If the tunnel went up/down or changed direction, it was mainly because i found someone elses tunnel and I was going around it (and hiding it).
    • I always had some way to find the entry (as I hid it) mostly it was marked by a single flower.
    • My tunnels were never made high enough for horses, other ppl sometimes did that.
    • I never hosted a house contest (although some others did), as I always loved to see what you all build, its to hard to choose .
    • Each event I hosted is on these forums with photos, you can read them all above.
    Again, thank you everyone, some great fun and memories, but now im going to enjoy my Friday nights & Sunday afternoons for a while.
    Now some pics from todays event!

The Ice tunnel

Group Photo!

Gathering around the chest for some of the giveaways

About to drop the Prancer egg

Pups Dragon.
  4. Thanks for hosting Cavie! Midnight Miners won't be the same without ya *tears* I have made many great memories at Midnight Miners, mostly making great friends :D Hope to see ya around in game sometime :)
    Gage9942, Ryan_A_ and iamcavie like this.
  5. Yeah you did a great job cavie! It was my first midnight miners in a long time but it was very well done
    iamcavie likes this.
  6. Aww, I wish I could have made it. Sometimes work sucks. So sad to see Cavie leaving Midnight Miners....
    iamcavie likes this.
  7. Sorry guys, but unexpected plans means I won't be able to host Midnight Miners this Saturday. However, I will be happy to host it next Saturday... And if you were looking forward to new heads from me, don't worry - I'll just drop them next weekend also.

Thanks all. :D
    jossytheninja likes this.
  8. Extreme Mooshroom Edition!

Tonight we will be setting up base with something you don't see often, a Mooshroom Peninsula. In this case it is attached to an Extreme Hills biome. So bring your silk picks for emerald ores or your silk shovels for mycelium.

In keeping with the theme we will be having a build contest for the most Fungal build. Prize/s tba.

So if you're a late Saturday night person come on down to mine or build or just chat with us in Mumble.
    iamcavie, LongJohnSlvrs and Floorfne like this.
  9. This starts in about 3.5 hours time. Seeya there
    LongJohnSlvrs likes this.
  10. Another fun Midnight Miners, this time in a mooshroom biome! <3

WyntyrRaevyn likes this.
  11. ...what is that texture pack?
  12. Cutiecraft >.>
  13. Can't do business without a proper sign...

Affordable seafood!

Satisfied customers... even the cow!

Keepin' the neighborhood fed with fried junk food...
  14. Hahaha! That's great Reos! <3

We had a fun little Midnight Miners last night! It was a bit shorter than usual, but I won't get into the reasons why that is. But hey, crystaldragon13 and Baradar67 were great helps! They helped finish the pathway to the site and were both there to keep the party going even after I headed off. Thanks for coming out, all. :)
  15. It seems from the recent survey the event coordinators conducted that more people would like 11pm as a start time. So you guessed it, Midnight Miners is starting at 11pm this week!

You may ask how we can still call it Midnight Miners, weellllll, it normally runs for about 2 hours so technically it is on at Midnight. Yeah, lets go with that.

In other news there was a recent request for a Nether Miners event. So, yeah, we're doing that too. Actual location TBA just before it starts as usual.

16. Good luck and watch out for the lava !
    Sazukemono and Baradar67 like this.
  17. This MM is sponsored by The Lava Gods. Make sure you sacrifice to them weekly for an increased chance of rage quitting!
  18. Saturday the 14th, we're on SMP3. 11pm start!