Microsoft

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MustangLover25, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Oh that Bill Gates! With his billioms in charity and revolutionizing the computer industry. It is his fault mojang sold itself! Mojang is the victim here! It is not like they were profitable, or could sustain minecraft. And you know how pc's are. Constantly breaking due to minor issues and not being able to be fixed by yourself, unlike an apple computer.

I have gotten so many viruses from the internet! I have won so many xboxes, gift cards, and cash from pop ups, but because bill gates gives me viruses I never get them! And Microsoft, who has an extremely little share of the computer hardware market is responsible for all the computer hardware issues that are made by other companies! It makes perfect sense!

And oh, computers can totally be 100% virus proof. Just like how we have infinity mpg. It is not like computers run on code, a system that is always finitely protected because it is limited by its designer. It is like how we can't get viruses, and how vaccienes will prevent you from dying completely.

BILL GATES IS A COLD HEARTED CAPITALIST WHO WANTS US TO DRINK POOP WATER AND GIVE INTO THE MICROSOFT REGIME!

Okay. That is enough sarcasm for today.
    jkjkjk182 and PenguinDJ like this.
  2. I guess we're slowly spiraling slightly offtopic again, but IMO this is important enough to address here & now.

I went to your profile and indeed; I noticed.

(I quote (no more, no less)):

Now... I looked into this. For example the vactruth link; when I Google for "gates foundation india lawsuit" I even end up on a CNN iReport (unverified!) which covers this same story. Indiatimes.com also caries this topic.

Those are better known names, and that's the only reason I mentioned them here.

Here's the thing: I can understand where you're coming from, I can even understand how you'd be upset. But ask yourself this: do you really think Gawadrolt shared those URL's only to upset or insult you?

I could be wrong, but I have a hard time believing that. Also because Bro_im_infinite posted #BillGates #Exposed moments before.

In my opinion that is the real important detail here.

You have your opinion, he shared his (on your profile, I agree) but... I can't believe he had bad ideas in mind.

I can see where you're coming from.

But I think its also important to keep in mind that for some people, and I'm not claiming that this is also the case here, something which is shared on the Internet on a legitimate looking source can be considered a liable source of information.

But even though I can understand, and most certainly respect, that you're upset I also can't help share that you could also have PM'd Gawa to tell him that you didn't really like that comment (for reasons stated above) after which you could have deleted 'm.

Now it somewhat looked as if you were attacking him out of the blue, at least to me, also because of your choice of words.

I can respect that. The only thing which puzzles me is the personal nerve. I can't determine if Gawa would or could have known that up front.

Sometimes people can say things without realizing what it can mean to you. That's an important aspect to keep in mind in my opinion.

Alas, thanks for sharing.

And as you can see I haven't shared my opinion on this matter, which is basically because at this point I don't have any. This specific article is quite new to me and I tend to base my opinion on more than one news source, esp. with 'loaded' issues such as these.
    Gawadrolt and jkjkjk182 like this.
  3. He speaks the truth. I knew a friend who knew a friend who knew a homeless guy who knew a friend who met Bill Gates once. During their conversation Bill Gates totally said, "I make computers go boom and more money". You heard it here first folks. Because a computer got a virus and it had Windows on it and 2 plus 3 equals 5, Microsoft is actually infecting computers with viruses and actually is owned by North Korea. Their site W1nd0w5.net has a large click me download button which downloads the ultimate virus. Come to the truth.

Yes I am posting a joke because I instantly saw the op as just trolling us. I genuinely enjoyed writing this though. :p
    ShelLuser likes this.
  4. At first I was going to ignore their use of sources, but then they came here shouting "ego" and all, it became clear they were fishing for responses. Then the next post of theirs tried to avoid being connected with stronger words such as "hate", yet also said that rich people aren't worth their time, further prodding for reactions. As you have noticed, they haven't responded here about my post, but while looking through EMC's recent activity, I noticed this:

They are clearly not meaning to do any good, and most likely are meaning to cause trouble or spread their lies.
    My choice of wording was quite poor in informing others of where my post/reasons for it came from, that is very true.

While PMing and explaining why they were offensive would have initially (only based on the profile comments) been a no-brainer, it, unfortunately, has been shown before that people who believe in such fallacies as the anti-vaccine movement have just entrenched themselves deeper in their beliefs and preachings when approached with reason and facts.
    http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2014/02/25/peds.2013-2365
    Another study (can't remember the link or name (shame on me!)) has shown that the only way to effectively deal with someone of a mindset such as that is through provocative wordings and shaming. While I tried to stray away from all on shaming, I felt provocativeness was the most appropriate way.

I could have just ignored it, but because EMC attracts a young crowd, I didn't think it would be right to risk someone getting sucked into those lies. As someone who believes that people should be treated like humans (radical, right?), and combined with my family situation, this just brewed a bad potion.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. Microsoft does not need to write and spread viruses.
    I mean computer viruses in the original meaning of the word - programs that can replicate themselves onto other computers and usually install malware or just joke with the user.
    Microsoft already has their software installed on many, many computers. No need for a virus.
    (If Microsoft would ever want to use a virus, it would be a virus for Mac.)

At least in one country, it is forbidden by law to use any other product but that from Microsoft. If you use some other product and you're caught, you go to jail. (It's not Windows nor Office, it's another one.)
    ShelLuser and SEPTHEKID like this.
  6. Same here
  7. Well, I've got my work cut out for me if I want to work on nuclear reactor control systems :p
  8. Run! Save your cats! The evil virus-producing Microsoft and its evil CEO Bill Gates have infested our computers! Oh no! Minecraft will be a virus! Run!
    In all seriousness, it probably was a website impersonating Microsoft's website.
  9. Controlled nuclear reactors? Psshh. That's boring. I like it when things get a little more out of control :rolleyes:
    mba2012 likes this.
  10. I think it already is; afterall; it's waay too addictive ;)
    kitten3101 likes this.
  11. I thought you want to be an engineer :confused:
    ShelLuser likes this.
  12. Yeah, electrical engineering :p
    ShelLuser likes this.