Microsoft

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by MustangLover25, Feb 8, 2015.

1. PvP? O_O YES
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  2. So now that we're back on topic again....

I think you're raising an interesting point but also think that your arguments may not weigh in very heavily ;)

Well, just because Microsoft has paid an x amount of cash to take over Mojang and own the Minecraft brand doesn't automatically mean that they're calling the shots right away. Although I do agree with one thing; it has become quite clear that Mojang and Microsoft had been working together for years already before they eventually came to this conclusion.

But here's food for thought for you: for a take-over like this one to succeed you need 2 parties.

If Microsoft (lets keep the personal stuff out) is "bad" for taking over Minecraft, then what do you make of Mojang for accepting the deal and basically choosing money and giving up on Minecraft? ("giving up" to a certain extend of course).

It works both ways ;)

Apart from the offtopic part, which has now been changed, I honestly don't understand what the big deal is with someone expressing an opinion such as Gawadrolt did. I don't really see any hate in his posts, just some criticism regarding the Bill Gates foundation.

For good or bad, I don't know, but I can tell you that his opinion is shared with several other people as well. Thus I don't think its fair to just swipe it away as if his opinion is merely fueled by hate or disdain for a single individual.
  3. I ran out of breathe reading the OP, and I did it in my head.
    boozle628, Olaf_C, tedrocker and 3 others like this.
  4. I believe that everyone is entitled to their opinions and also that appropriate criticism is welcome in every discussion, but the links Gawadrolt used (on my profile) are sources of hate propaganda or are based upon/followed up on incorrect science that is now bring diseases back from near extinction.
    http://www.hangthebankers.com/about/
    http://vactruth.com/

As someone who has family that work in the banking/financial sectors, I find it incredibly offensive that such intolerance and unfounded media is being linked here. Someone that I consider to be my best friend donated their entire "bonus" directly to the local homeless shelters, and followed up with it to make sure that every penny was spent on the homeless (most purchases made were of coats and sleeping bags, life savers up here in Minnesota). One of my other family members has had a severely weakened immune system since birth. Because of this, vaccinations that "normal" children get are too risky to give to her. She relies on the people around her to get vaccinations so that they in turn can keep her safe from horrible diseases by making sure she is never exposed to them.

My criticisms of how Gawadrolt presented the Gates came from the lack of facts or relevant information that they posted. As someone who is in an engineering program, it bothers me a bit when someone berates something without providing adequate evidence (we are all a victim of that occasionally).

As "someone of science", you can always express a well founded opinion to me, and I will rarely be offended. But expressing something without any justifiable grounds, especially a topic that pinches a personal nerve, and I will not be as neutral as I prefer to be.

(this is, of course, excluding tech debates. I duke it out in those out of enjoyment of seeing people express their passions)
    ShelLuser, Olaf_C, PenguinDJ and 2 others like this.
  5. Erm... I didn't press watch nor reply to this thread but I got an alert from it...
  6. I got a headache trying to understand what he meant ;-;
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  7. You likely downloaded a Advertisement =p
  8. They commissioned the development of a new Minecraft game when the deal went ahead :rolleyes:
  9. Are you trying to attract attention to yourself? if so, you are breaking the rules....
    jay2a likes this.
  10. It is a sign. You are the interwebs whispererererererer.
  11. Uh is that good or bad?
    boozle628 likes this.
  12. Tell us in a month. ;)
    boozle628 likes this.
  13. No I went to their website because it was something I needed for my computer and it gave me a virus.
  14. There are advertisements on websites that look like downloads for the thing you need
    nfell2009 and SoulPunisher like this.
  15. What did you download exactly? An official file or a file uploaded by a user?
    SoulPunisher likes this.
  16. FYI, it is extremely unlikely a virus can even damage your computer to the point you "have to buy a new one".

People with that skill set do things like Stuxnet, Cyber warfare against nuclear refineries :p
  17. Making viruses isn't cause by Bill Gates... Most computer scientists including my mom know how to make a virus easily... It's not something Microsoft will do on purpose...
  18. Your facts seem completely biased and untrue in every way. I personally have downloaded many, many things, most off of Microsoft's website, and I have never gotten a single virus. It isn't up to Bill Gates to make a "virus proof computer". A computer like that actually isn't even possible to make.

Mojang still does partially own Minecraft and their team is in charge of updating it. It's not up to Bill Gates. To intentionally install viruses onto people's computers or turn Minecraft into a virus is entirely illegal and Microsoft would lose a lot of credibility, trust, money, and a lot of other things if they actually did that. You also seem to be thinking only from Bill Gates's point of view with Microsoft, but Bill Gates doesn't actually run or take charge of everything the company does any more.

Anyway, there's no such thing as cyber security, and Bill Gates doesn't even work for Microsoft any more. He makes money off of it because he owns a lot of stocks in the company.
  19. this.. this whole thread scares me .-.
  20. I agree with you, also, the only reason why Macs don't get viruses is it doesn't make sense for virus makers to make viruses for macs as most people use PC and not mac