[MEGATHREAD] PARROTS

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Luckygreenbird, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Is there any particular reason parrots tend to congregate around those small ponds you find in Jungles? Also, are there any effective methods of parrot hunting? I've searched for 30+ minutes and found only 2.
    Ryan_A_ and 607 like this.
  2. I think now it would be best to go to in loaded chunks looking for a jungle for best results.

Polly want a cracker?
  3. I've been sitting in my outposts Jungle for a while now but Parrots haven't spawned around yet.
  4. I heard they like to hide I spaces that you would tend to walk by.

Note have yet to look myself, just hear from others who have.
  5. Skeletons don't need parrots. :p Too loud and colorful
  6. Well my first parrot just got shot by an enraged guardian, RIP potty the parrot :(
  7. To those unsure how to go finding parrots in jungles, I learned while playing on my private server that travelling with dogs are best. You cannot help but hear the parrot's mimicked barking as you get near. Helps a lot.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  8. been killing off most passive mobs in the jungle to let others spawn but mostly just see cats spawn up
  9. I've been keeping up with theories and comments on the Minecraft forum, testing things out myself, and right now I think I know what the main problem could be: place of spawning.

Parrots spawn on grass blocks and from there on usually scatter off. However, neutral mobs need a certain light level to spawn and that could become tricky in a jungle biome because there's usually a large leaf bedding which covers the ground. So theoretically it might help to chop down a few trees and create more open space where they should be more likely to spawn. (note: this is a theory for now, I haven't managed to actually verify this for myself yet).
    607 and PetezzaDawg like this.
  10. i do have a area in the wild where some jungle trees have been cleared out and torches put down but so far not seen anything there but cats.
    edit: Finally went out to a new rendered jungle in wastelands and found 8 using the subtitles and volume at max lol thx for the help guys
  11. Take wolves with you too. The parrots nearby will mimic and their silly barking sticks out big time in the background noise
  12. i did tame a wolf on the way to the biome but he seemed to get lost in the run there not sure what happened to him but i did find some
  13. Also, you have to go parrot wrangling at night. More mobs = more parrot noise. I've bagged them alot more at night with wolves and mobs helping.
  14. If anyone cares to join me, someday I will be chopping down most of a jungle, lots of free wood... We can Parrot farm there.
  15. Are you sure you can even do that?
  16. If you cut down the trees it'll make it a lot easier to see the parrots.
  17. Pete has summed it up perfectly
    PetezzaDawg likes this.

18. Parrots!
    Pab10S, 607 and YuleTidePetezza like this.
  19. Please teach me how
    MrColt45 and 607 like this.