[Maint Complete] BungeeCord rollout

Discussion in 'Empire News' started by Aikar, Nov 26, 2013.

1. However 1.7 isn't live on the server correct?
  2. Correct
    607 likes this.
  3. Has anyone successfully made REI Minimap work with the new configuration? I renamed the data files to the prescribed format, but yet the points don't appear.

Also, is Zan's Minimap better than REI for this type of server configuration? I don't mind switching if it will work better.

UPDATE: Since I had existing point files already, I tried to simply rename them, but that didn't work. I ended up renaming the point file to change the extension to .points-save. Then, I jumped onto a server and created another point which created another point file. It named it playsmp8.emc.gs..DIM0.points (notice the two dots). I deleted the new point file and renamed the old point file to the new one. Now it works.

Again, is Zan's Minimap better?
    autumnrain26 likes this.
  4. My waypoints are not working with this.. :oops:
    I don't know about Zan's but I am going to try adding the '.' to see if I get my waypoints back.. :confused: ..And it works. :D
  5. I personally don't see the point in this. I understand that you wont have to keep changing servers but it will require another server for Bungee Cord. Obviously this costs more money. So why don't you just keep the individual ip address' . That's just my preference. I prefer it that way :)
    QuarterStop and 607 like this.
  6. It doesn't require a whole other server. Bungee Cord is just a proxy.

7. Because the benefits far outweigh the costs. :) And the old style IPs still work, just don't have access to /server.
    Another Minecraft server has to be hosted to run bungee.
    jkjkjk182 likes this.
  8. Wrong, lol. You can still direct connect to servers AND use /server
    Jake_bagby likes this.
  9. Yeah but they all take you to smp4 :p And I know about Bungee Cord, I use it myself
  10. That was fixed. lol; addresses such as smp2.empire.us will take you to smp2. Every time.
    if you use emc.gs - it will go off of the last connection you had with it.
  11. I had my fun on it before that was added. >_>

Not wrong, just not... factually correct. :p
  12. Ah, love the /server command :)
  13. /server stage

:p The whitelist is apparently broken

Edit: NVM, you just get a read time out. :p
  14. Is it?

As for the extra dot on reis, its actually an MC Client bug....

You will need to have the extra dot, so playsmpX.emc.gs..DIMX.points

The reason smp3 was where everyone landed last night is because the proxy is simply running on SMP3 :) No new costs were added.

This was done to make things simpler and extend the possibilities of EMC.

Now we can do things like PVP servers, Dystopia, Single shared /shop between all servers, maybe shared tutorial, Events etc, all w/o disconnecting.

IT also helps EMC show up correctly on server lists now, that it can show we do have over 100 players online, and not 10/60.

Many many benefits to this setup now and for the future.
    boozle628, 607 and cadgamer101 like this.
  15. ..or "playutopia.emc.gs..DIMX.points"...:cool:
    boozle628 likes this.
  16. Will this change allow us to switch servers even when the Mojang Session Server goes down? It doesn't happen often but...
  17. How would I use /server commend in game?
  18. Great to see this rolled out!
  19. We're funding BungeeCord now? <3
  20. You simply type /server [server name] For example, to go to smp1, you's type /server smp1 or to go to utopia, you'd type /server utopia
    FireHose_Dragon likes this.