Looks like the hacker took down every server now...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Tigerstar, Jul 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aren't they kids passing themselves off as hackers, that are taking down the servers for fun?
  2. Well, sometimes it's both lol
    ww2fan168 likes this.
  3. Oh. Also, i'd suggest no contact with them. Make a hacker mad they hack. Trust me i've spoken to anonymous ._.
  4. You mean the hacker known as 4Chan?
  5. Long story but I play on this website. friend got hacked, I spoke to the hacker and yeah. They go by anonymous. :\ I dunno.;-;
  6. Just to clear a few things up for some people:
    • These people are NOT hackers. In no way have they entered any computer system. They're just DDoSing it
    • The attacks these people are doing are on a massive scale
    • EMC probably won't be attacked as it isn't worth the time (not being offensive, but a ~200 player network or ~20,000 player network)
    • It's highly likely the guy won't get caught. If he can do attacks this large, then he probably knows how to hide
    • While others have said there is no skills (#SoulPunisher), there is with these types of attacks. They're so big that the DDoS protection which normally works, has failed.
    • Mojangs services aren't hard to take offline. This isn't the first that they have. But it is the first a large network has been taken down.
    Doubt it. The 'hackers' are only targeting large servers. EMC is no where near being a large server.

Highly likely that they're running more than just a script. They probably have a botnet which is launching these attacks. If they can take down the 3 largest Minecraft networks, then it is definitely more than just a simple script.

Anonymous are a group of hackers that have no central leader. Anyone can be in anonymous. An old web server of mine was hacked and they put up some crappy anonymous index page as a threat. It was easy to clear up and fix. Hardly a good hacker.
  7. Twitter suspended the account. :p
    ElfinPineapple0 likes this.
  8. I heard o:
  9. Whew, it wasn't just me. I thought my internet was going crazy. Emc was the only server that I can join, because EMC is the best! :)
  10. I havent had a problem at all that seems crazy that people are still trying to ddoss mojang. Kinda Funny actaully.
  11. I wouldn't count on it. DDOS attacks generally use a botnet, e.g. a network of infected computers so the attacks don't even come from the attacker's computer. What's more, you can rent these botnets online for literal pocket change, starting out at around five bucks. You can even test out free or trial botnets.

So again, the load isn't actually originating from the attacker's computer.
    nfell2009 and Builds_With_46 like this.
  12. I understand how distributed denial of service works, but the load of the pings has a distinct point of origin. Like...a street. Isp are able to trace it even with a botnet or dedicated zombies. Many people doing these attacks are novices who paid for a slave service and run a loic. Thus they get caught
    JesusPower2 and southpark347 like this.
  13. Oh boy i hope not, i love this server
  14. okay if I'm not crazy is the server actually down for matnence. or is this the hackery lil thingy
  15. Mojang is currently under a DDoS attack, leaving the Session Server down. This means you can't log in to any multiplayer servers until the problem is resolved. If you are on EMC, it is strongly encouraged that you do not disconnect as you probably won't be able to log in. Switching servers with /server is okay, though.

Read more about DDoS attacks here. You can see the status of the attack here.
    Gawadrolt and Kytula like this.

16. http://www.digitalattackmap.com/#anim=1&color=0&country=ALL&list=0&time=16638&view=table
    (25565 is the Mojang auth server port.)
  17. Thanks :D i got worried for a sec
  18. JesusPower2, Jstclair41 and ww2fan168 like this.
  19. I wish this is true but its 100% not :/

This has nothing to do with pings either. DDOS is 100% impossible to trace to the culprit unless they mess up and leak their identity, such as posting to Twitter WITHOUT a proxy, which when you're running a DDOS, you have thousands of proxies at your fingertip and every one of the IP's used in the attack looks like a victim not a culprit.
    Keldeo178, ww2fan168 and Jstclair41 like this.
  20. Is like turtles
    theomglover3rd and Phelps4 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.