Login problems again?

Discussion in 'Empire Help & Support' started by JabrZer0, Jul 22, 2012.

1. :c im getting it too

2. Lol, in all seriousness, it will all be fine once justinguy reboots the server.
    EDIT: soulpunisher remove the pic IMMEDIATELY. Or at least blank out the code.
    smile3 and Bu11dawg like this.
  3. not on smp3. technically on utopia. it's the server that deals with anything that has to do with more than one EMC server. sit tight :) it'll be back soon.
  4. OMG OMG OMG OGM OGM OGM OGM OGM OMG OMG OGM OGM OMG if only i couuld buy it with my 100k rupees in-game ;(
    PRO_G4NGST4 likes this.
  5. Why?
  6. I know, right? That would be EPIC.
    I feel like I'm playing Whack-a-Thread, addressing the OPs of all of these threads.
    Hmm, I just realized you can get a 1950's Cessna for 8K... Retro planes FTW!
  7. Yeah.THIS IS AWFUL I NEED TO BE IN THERE.

:c
  8. because the code is your personal code for empire minecraft... i think...
  9. I have no idea honestly, although other people hinted that it might have to do with registering. Because you can use that code to register, I think someone might be able to create an account with your name.
  10. Request for improved info on downtimes/problems

Re-posting from previous thread here

I suggest we

A) Have a single easy page, such as http://empireminecraft.com/status

Some fancy bit of code to just display content of a little text-file,

Normally, it can be just "Everything is fine, as far as we are aware."

Mods could change it - just, easily/quickly, e.g "login problems, [you can only be connected to one EMC server at a time] being worked on now, 01:23 4/5/12"

B) If that message changes from the default "all good", put a small but clear banner at the top of *all* pages (ie, in the menu area of EMC)

Predicting objections:

"Tech/cost": It shouldn't be that hard to implement. Do it right, and ICC/Justin could update it with a mobile text-message. Ask Justin; he could prob do this in a couple hours.

"Looks bad": Nope; 99% of the time, it won't be needed. The 1% it is, it's better to keep us informed. It looks worse when things are down with no information. If you say "it's down, we know, we're trying to fix it" then we're happy customers.

"But it'll never break again": Orly? It's a computer. It'll break, in novel and interesting ways.

Benefits:

Keeping customers informed.

Showing us you care.

Preventing a dozen threads of "WHY CAN'T I LOGIN" - and the subsequent work for admins in closing/consolidating them
    Herbrin3, Jul 3, 2012
    SpaceShuttleFan and PRO_G4NGST4 like this.
  11. no its not its a random code
  12. this is the only one of these threads im participating in now :D... i dont want 50 million more emails than i need. last time this happened, ICC took down all of these threads once he saw them...
  13. smp8 is down as well
  14. oh... ok. then why did that guy want him to take down the code?
  15. =( And I just got my silk touch...
  16. heh... i might just get my 500th post using these threads, posting pointless crap on them.
  17. There was that batman shooting in my area at the theares at the miudnight showing of that... 70 injured and 12 dead. at my church this morning some1's cousin was shot 4 times, 3 in the arm and once in the head. she will be alright, and she just had surgery though

18. EDIT: I feel insensitive posting this after 1998golfer's post, so I have to reply to that too:
    wow... glad to hear she'll be ok...
    1998golfer and PRO_G4NGST4 like this.
  19. When a new player connects to a empire server, the server generates a code and records* his username together with the code. Then the new player can register on the website with the code and the server will link his website registration with that Minecraft username. So posting that code is a bad idea, because the first person to use it will have YOUR Minecraft account linked to HIS website account.

*) Obviously, this only works if the central server is running...
  20. Yeah... and if the central server was running, we wouldnt be having this thread.