limited vault auto sort

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box Archives' started by AyanamiKun, Jun 15, 2017.

1. i think vault pages are the best thing on emc, its my portable storage! i got 86 of them :cool: when i need stuff i open a vault and get it.

but i also got vault pages which are messy. /vault stuff is a collection of stuff and so is mining, projects, grip and pwu. and i know other peeps also use vault 2 dump all their stuff in.

so im wondering if we could get some autosorter.

/vault sort number

u can only use this 1 time per day. what it does is check the 1st thing in ur vault page, and then tries to collect that item from all the other pages until page is full or everything got collected.

i got /vault 75. is empty vault page and i put in 1 cobble in first square of the page. then i use /vault sort 75. now system will search cobble in all my vault pages and when it finds cobblestone it moves that to page 75. it ends when all pages got sorted or when page 75 is full with cobble.

it would fix a problem b/c when u got lots of vault pages it gets really hard 2 find ur stuff. the only way u can search is move ur mouse over all boxes and check 4 the names which can make it hard 2 use.

i wouldnt even mind if this would cost me tokens, then u get something new 2 save up for!
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  2. I like the idea but I can already see a Dev chiming in and saying that this isn't feasible with the current system set in place for vaults. As each Vault page is independent from the other. Tying them all together would be a pain and take up far to much data space on the servers.

86 pages!! Wow.. Why not share the amount here... On my thread of Vault Pages... It needs to be bumped.
    ShelLuser and TomvanWijnen like this.
  3. My guess is as good as any other non-dev but I don't believe that. I'm pretty sure that they're all part of one huge SQL database which helps keep our stuff safe & secure ;) Yet that means that you can (somewhat easily) relate to them.
    AncientTower likes this.
  4. Had to find the link before I could respond. This is Chickeneer talking about why the cursor is always centered when you open /vault. He said that each vault is it's own inventory. So I rolled with what he stated into what I stated about the auto vault sorter idea. Link Here.
    ShelLuser likes this.
  5. Yeah, but that's different.

The problem is that you're now talking about the GUI. So the whole GUI (block / row interface) gets re-displayed (and re-positioned) whenever you click on an icon. To add more problems the individual components of that interface are not related. The main vault area (chest) is a different thing from the icons you can click on. That's what's causing the issues. But this whole thing only concerns the interface (GUI) not the actual contents.

Look at it this way: how would the system be able to know how many vault pages you had (and their contents) if they weren't related somehow?
    AncientTower likes this.
  6. I like the idea but has been suggested and if I recall the issue is it's limited with what they can do with the way vault is setup. Best way would to empty it and do it by hand.