Let's Increase Forum Activity!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Hashhog, Oct 1, 2014.

1. Yeah, that's part of when I meant when I was mentioning that you shouldn't get spammy with it. If we were to advertise the forums every time somebody asked if they could borrow a dirt block, well, then we'd have a bit of a problem. :p
    Of course nothing lasts forever, but I'd rather say that we tried to save something than say that we stepped aside and let it crumble. If we can try, why not try? :)
    607 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  2. I would like to point out that change from good =/= bad. We are just changing from one good to another good. :)
    607, hashhog3000 and mba2012 like this.
  3. Yeah player who ask for a dirt block are a serious problem! We need to tackle this head on!

Oh and also regarding forum activity, try not answering every question in chat and only tell people to go to the wiki. They will discover the site on their own terms, but only if they ever come the the site in the first place.

Also why isn't a forum account required anymore? I leave for a year and THIS happens? *sigh*
  4. Registration made us lose a ton of potential players. The numbers (that Aikar has) show that we are gaining more long term members now without it.
    607 likes this.
  5. I'll give this another bump. Let's get these forums hopping!
    607 likes this.
  6. Bump for the forums! :D
  7. I would recommend having some sort of extra bonus in the tutorial for forum registration. Such as extra items or rupees... Make it like a side-quest.
  8. I think once 1.8 comes, there will be a big revival. School just started back for lots of people and it takes a little time to adjust. I don't feel like EMC has even reached it's peak yet. Lots of good things to come!
    607, hashhog3000 and samsimx like this.
  9. You get 5k or something when you sign up on the forums
    607 and hashhog3000 like this.
  10. Yeah, EMC 's peak player time is usually around Christmas break, it's cold and nobody wants to go outside xD
  11. Giving this a nudge. I want to congratulate everyone, especially the staff/Build Team, on a job while done thus far. Not only the forum room in the Tutorial is great, but I've also been noticing little blurbs ingame about getting on the forums. We're getting far more active already! Thanks for all your help, guys. Remember: Happy forums, happy Empire! #EMCForumLife
    FDNY21 and 607 like this.
  12. I got 36 relevant alerts today, that hasn't happened in a long time! :D
    hashhog3000 likes this.
  13. I have been inactive for quite some time due to college stuff. Sometimes its rough being a senior in high school, but I am back and active now. So I will do my best to help with this problem. :)
  14. I'm starting to not have enough time for reading all my alerts :rolleyes:
  15. Nor I thanks to a certain person *nudge*
    FDNY21, 607 and hashhog3000 like this.