Let Us Never Forget...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by deadmon5, Oct 21, 2016.

1. read my status
  2. Can Harambe just die already?!?

Oh, wait...
    He is dead.

I was tempted to post this when I first saw this thread but thought it was too crude, but my tolerance reserves are decreasing, for these specific irritations.
    UltiPig, Dufne, Kephras and 4 others like this.
  3. Harambe would be ashamed
    TromboneSteve likes this.
  4. I doubt it.
  5. Harambe knows all
  6. I reckon he'd be quite amused or even proud.
    cowland123 and deadmon5 like this.
  7. Oh geez. If I hear one more thing about a dead gorilla or see one more meme, I'm going to punch somebody. I mean, it's a "sad" situation and all, but honestly society. We've had plenty of time to cope with his death. Could we give it a break?

Kthxbye,
    Llew
    DufnePoodle and TomvanWijnen like this.
  8. Harambe is dead, and there's nothing you can do to change that.
    FluffeMarshmallo likes this.
  9. Not sure if a joke flew over my head or something, but...

It's a meme because people found it ridiculous when people got up in arms about Harambe getting merked.
  10. 156 days since he left us. each one hurts just as bad as the one before
  11. I will say my bit and then let you get back to whatever this has become....

Harambe is not the first and he will not be the last. Unjust killing of animals due to human stupidity has happened multiple times. However much we all are sad regarding Harambe's passing, the more important lesson here is making sure that he didn't die for nothing. We live in a society where human action is protected to the point that an accident or downright idiocy on behalf of the human is blamed on the animal.

Queue the back in my day speech:
    I have an irl friend, actually multiple irl friends, that are teachers. When a child misbehaves in their class or does poorly on a test, they don't look at the student. They look at the teacher. They blame his/her lack of study period, or claim that the course load is too heavy. When I went to school (not that long ago), no one looked at the teacher unless there was an adequate reason. If I failed a test, I was told to study more. I was told to stop fooling around in the back of the classroom and to stop passing notes and actually pay attention.

It's clear that there has been a shift in societal mindset from accepting responsibility to blaming others for our own faults/actions. If you wish to truly make sure that Harambe died for a reason, make that reason turning around your way of thinking. Next time, instead of making an excuse when you forget to do the dishes, simply accept that you forgot to do them and then get off your butt and do them. I know it's strange to draw parallels between Harambe and doing the dishes, but it's the mindset of society that ended Harambe's life. If you want to honor him and the other animals that have had to die due to human fault, then do your part to change that ideal.

Other instances of animal deaths due to humans being humans:
    Two Lions at the Santiago Metropolitan Zoo, May 2016
    Just six days before Harambe was killed, a male and female lion at a zoo in Chile were shot to death after a suicidal man entered their enclosure, removed his clothes and began taunting them. Lions mauled him and tried to drag him in their cave. That's when they were shot and killed.

African Painted Dog at the Pittsburgh Zoo, November 2012
    When a mom perched her vision-impaired 2-year-old son on the wooden railing of an observation deck to get a better look at the African painted dogs at the Pittsburgh Zoo, the boy slipped from her grasp and fell into the enclosure. He was killed by the dogs.

Most of the dogs cooperated with zookeepers and moved to a back building, but one was aggressive and shot to death.

The boy’s mother, not charged since it was considered an accident, later settled a lawsuit against the zoo.

Tatiana the Siberian Tiger at the San Francisco Zoo, December 2007
    Tatiana was a 4-year-old Siberian tiger, critically endangered. When a group of young men threw rocks and roared at her on Christmas Day 2007, Tatiana managed to leap out of her enclosure at the San Francisco Zoo and maul them, killing one. She was shot to death by police officers. The wall was 4 feet shorter than it should have been.

Two Polar Bears at the Prospect Park Zoo, May 1987
    On a dare, after a group of boys sneaked into the Prospect Park Zoo in Brooklyn one night, an 11-year-old climbed over a tall spiked fence and entered the polar bear exhibit. He thought he could take a dip in the moat as the bears slept. Police officers found two polar bears mauling the remains of the boy. The officers opened fire, killing the bears.
    no_thing, UltiPig, Kytula and 6 others like this.
  12. The lesson to take from Harambe's passing is that when a person falls into an animal's enclosure, allow the person to have their body turned into mush. It's their fault for being in the enclosure, and they need to be taught a lesson in where stupidity can land you. In Harambe's case, maybe the parents won't be so neglecting of their next child when they visit the zoo.

I am jk. Kinda. It's cases like this where I believe the law should actually allow zoos to just let nature do its thing:
    Humans aren't endangered - one human life is worth pretty much nothing. In fact, the entire human race is such a harm to the planet it would be more beneficial to the ecosystem if we all just put a bullet in our brains. These animals are endangered and do have a benefit to the planet's ecosystem, and therefore their life should be more valued when some idiot does something that's going to make a lion rip his throat out. Sure, he might have a family who loves him or whatever, but it's his own fault if he's inconsiderate enough to make them suffer.
  13. joke

jōk/

noun

1. 1.

a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, especially a story with a funny punchline.
    607, Gittano, Carbonyx and 1 other person like this.
  14. Roses are red

I'm feeling blue

Bc there's one less gorilla

In the Cincinatti Zoo
  15. I said practically the same thing.. >.>

16. Come on, this thread was well on its way to sinking to the depths of forgotten miscellaneous threads, but you had to unearth it. :l
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  17. NO NO NO :C
    TromboneSteve, deadmon5 and Shahir like this.