Lawsuit Gets Filed against Pokemon Go!

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by TheDarkAngel7, Sep 21, 2016.

1. I just have to refrain reading "his" comments...
  2. I'm on FREEDOM's side. Which do you hate more democracy or capitalism?

Hah, I'm totally joking! :D People are going to do what they're going to do. No harm, no foul.
    gladranger7 and Megumin_x like this.
  3. Try getting a dog. Guns are for after they're in your home and defense - not that I believe for one minute you've actually shot and killed someone for playing Pokemon Go too close to your house. :p

That being said, my parents live in a "fairly isolated area" and I have yet to hear about anyone prowling on their lawn hunting digital critters. But maybe it's different in your area, I have no way of knowing.

If you have genuine security issues with your home and property, that's one thing. "Posted" signs, a good dog*, some motion-activated floodlights... there are a lot of ways to handle that problem. But if that's the case, "Pokemon Go" is not your real trouble here. If you're having issues with pixel-beast infestations, then contact Niantic (as many times as necessary) and find out what you need to do to get them off your property.

But a class-action lawsuit to cash in on a game developer's good fortune, without addressing the actual cause of the problem, is not an acceptable solution no matter which side you support.

*I'm not kidding, Bailey is the most effective deterrent we have - sweet girl but terrifying as hell to anyone she doesn't know. Jehova's Witnesses, door-salesmen, etc, are afraid to even get out of their car when she's at the door barking. EDIT: just want to add, training and raising a dog is no picnic, but totally worth it. When your UPS guy can't get out of his van because his attempt to bribe your pet with a milkbone utterly fails, you know you've done good. ;)
    jkjkjk182, gladranger7 and jkrmnj like this.
  4. When I'm around, it always does. :cool:
    Am I Voldemort now?
    ChickenDice, Gawadrolt, 607 and 2 others like this.
  5. Well said... which is freedom? :p

well said... I actually was just making a point. I live in a urban neighborhood with 3 dogs that would rip someone's intestines out if I let them :) so yeah I agree perfectly with you on that... I just really dislike my property being bothered tho...
  6. o_o
  7. I like seeing people walk into a yard staring intently at their phone and then...... WHAM, SPLASH, a sprinkler system gets them good. They run for safety shielding their precious electronics. MUHUHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!

But then thats just me:cool:
  8. Replace "sprinkler system" with "Super-Soaker" and go for precision and accuracy ;)
  9. If these are on public property or public sites, I don't see an issue (barring cemetaries , burial sites or other areas that need to be treated with respect). However, as a homeowner if this game was directing people onto my own personal property, I'd have a serious issue with it. I would certainly be after them to remove it or face a lawsuit. In the meantime, anyone caught on my property without permission would find out exactly what it feels like to stare down the business end of a shotgun!

Edit: That last bit would be just to watch them pee down their own leg. That is if they are brave enough to face my dog in the first place. I got him as a "lab mix" but I'm 95% sure that other "mix" is pit bull. He's only 45 pounds but has the strength like he is 100 pounds and a bark to match it. He is sweet as can be, unless he doesn't know you or you put your hands on me or my family, then he is very protective.
    gladranger7 and TomvanWijnen like this.
  10. This is Britain, if anyone else came on our property we would probably just throw hot tea at them. We aren't as violent as Americans apparently
  11. According to The Telegraph : violent crimes are up 27% and murders/homicides are up 14%.
    Gawadrolt, gladranger7 and jkjkjk182 like this.
  12. Who reads the Telegraph?
    TomvanWijnen likes this.
  13. First thing google found ;)
    RunderK likes this.
  14. Yeah but... I legit haven't seen anyone read the Telegraph in 4 years...
  15. Facts also supported by the office of national statistics and several other British news agencies :eek:.
    Gawadrolt and jkjkjk182 like this.
  16. When you look at actual numbers, it's not that much, especially when compared to the United States of God-Blessed America.

I think we have you beat with football hooliganism though - the only other people giving us competition to that claim is the Russians, and you know how scary and tough the Russians are - their President takes pictures of himself taming dolphin-sharks and he purposely choked himself at a UN conference. Being raised in the Siberian mountains and fighting Communist bears with your bare hands from the age of two does that to a nation, I guess.
    Gawadrolt likes this.
  17. Just don't forget to look at the numbers as a percent to population. We do have about 3.5 times more ppl here.
  18. Yes but I'm also sure the percentages are way higher for America also. There's the whole gun violence issue that America has too and It's virtually non-existent here - if somebody gets shot here, it's with a shoddy handmade gun and it shocks the entire country.
    No, but we're certainly close. They were our subjects way back in the day, after all :rolleyes:

Plus, we committed way more genocides than America ever could. They're not violent enough they'd attempt to ethnically cleanse an entire country. What a bunch of pussy cats for not being total violent a-holes. And they call themselves democratic, jeez - you can't have democracy if you disagree with a certain kind of people and can't kill them, right?
  19. See, that's where you guys messed up! There's no sense in ethnic cleansing, because murdering a population that doesn't look like you doesn't get you anywhere. You gotta go after the ones who don't think the way you want them to - cleansing ideologies! That's how you spread democracy.

...aaand this is getting almost horrifyingly off-track. How do we end up discussing genocide in a thread about Pokemon Go lawsuits?
    gladranger7 and SoulPunisher like this.
  20. I blame the Pokemon. They're always trying to wipe eachother out - not out of choice, but forced to by their owners.
    Gawadrolt likes this.